G'day from SA

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
G'day folks, name's Barry, but I prefer to be called Bazz...
I've been trawling this fine forum for the past 4 weeks trying to absorb as much as I can from the plethora of knowledge (still a little lost lol)...
The closest I've come to prospecting so far is when I visited Sovereign Hill back in March of this year, I was instantly hooked (gold fever bites hard doesn't it?), I managed to pan a nice little amount of gold, although nothing really to write home about, but for a first timer it was still quite exciting none the less...
So, I finally decided on purchasing my very first high banker, it's a Sluicy Gold GS12 ($220 on fleabay - same as the GS10 except with a 1200mm tray), I just hope it's not overkill for my first sluice?

Anyhoo, I better leave it here as I've been known to talk under wet cement with a mouth full of marbles :lol:
Looking forward to learning more and hopefully I'll be able to contribute at some point.

Cheers,
Bazz.

G'day Bazz and welcome

Plenty of water in the old timers holes for a pan at Jupiter and Chapel at the moment

Good luck

Bacchus said:
G'day Bazz and welcome

Plenty of water in the old timers holes for a pan at Jupiter and Chapel at the moment

Good luck

G'day Bacchus, cheers mate I'll definitely have to have a bit of a wander down that way, I'm in the northern suburbs (I call the better part, sort of ...lol), I'm close to the Barossa goldfields so I thought I might check out some creeks up this way, I found a bit of useful info on Google http://lapidaryworld.com/pdf/sa_gold_info.pdf but still not quite sure where I want (or able) to go exactly?
I guess it's simply trial and error with a bit of luck thrown in?

Bazz

Jaros said:
Welcome to P.A Bazz. Join in the fun and adventure. It's a great ride.
Jaros :p

Cheers Jaros, too cold to ride, so I guess I'll just stay here where it's nice and warm :p

Welcome Bazz69 to PA , as Bacchus said about water in old diggings get out now in your area and have a go before its summer and dry .
Plenty of South Australian members on PA to help you find a spot for a peaceful day panning and sluicing . Enjoy your time with the forum members .

Cheers
goldrat ( relocated from SA to Vic and love it )

goldrat said:
Welcome Bazz69 to PA , as Bacchus said about water in old diggings get out now in your area and have a go before its summer and dry .
Plenty of South Australian members on PA to help you find a spot for a peaceful day panning and sluicing . Enjoy your time with the forum members .

Cheers
goldrat ( relocated from SA to Vic and love it )

G'day goldrat, cheers, no time like the present as they say, I'm still yet to buy a pump for my HB, but I guess that doesn't stop me from going out with just my pans for a bit of sampling in the meantime?

Bazz (originally from Sydney, been in SA for 10 years, got a love hate relationship with it ...lol) :p

Latest posts