Gday from S/W Vic

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
benn doing a bit of prospecting around Creswick ballarat and enfield. have a metal detector that tells lies but a sluice and pan that stays pretty true. hahahaha ;)

Welcome tp PA Jonesy, at least Creswick and Enfield are on the right side of the triangle for you AND both can be productive at times.
You don't mention which detector you're using, don't think they lie ... it's just that we set our hopes too high sometimes.
Cheers T.

Cheers guys for the friendly welcome. I have a minelab xterra 705 gold pack(cheap end of the scale but all I could afford)keeps giving false signals all the time unless I'm setting it up wrong. :lol:

jonesy76 said:
Cheers guys for the friendly welcome. I have a minelab xterra 705 gold pack(cheap end of the scale but all I could afford)keeps giving false signals all the time unless I'm setting it up wrong. :lol:
U proberly not setting it up right or not balancing right .Had thhe same prob when i got mine . I went out with a bloke who had one and he got me up and running in a couple of hours :)

Thanks Fred I shall read the instructions again and see how I go. I have set it up running settings that others use on youtube.But I suppose its the old whatever works for one may not work for all theory. :)

jonesy76 said:
Thanks Fred I shall read the instructions again and see how I go. I have set it up running settings that others use on youtube.But I suppose its the old whatever works for one may not work for all theory. :)
I dont do well from the manual with the 705 .Mine mostly used as back up detector far north qld .But u right ,different ground diffferent setttings .STILLbe good if u can team up with a experianced user in u area

I would love to team up with an experienced user but I don't know anyone else in my area that owns a detector . Most of the time when I tell people what I do on weekends the main reply is "Your wasting your time mate". Still doesn't stop me though atleast I'm in the great outdoors doing it instead of thinking about it on the couch hahaha.