G'day from Midwest WA

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

76drew76

Andrew Denham
Reaction score
G'day guys,
My name is Andrew and I live in the Midwest region of Western Australia. I have been looking for a new and exiting hobby to do and I have decided to take up detecting. Living in this region and currently being employed in the mining game, I have come to understand that this region is littered with the yellow stuff as well as some fascinating historical places of interest where you can find the the stuff that may not have the dollar value that gold has but the story behind can be more valuable.
The area that I live in is only just over an hour from the beach, surrounded with salt lakes, old abandoned and reopened gold mines, Iron ore mines and farming land.
I myself think that this makes a great place to start looking and exploring the many wonders this great country has to offer.
I am hoping to get some help with starting out with my new hobby and even meet some new and interesting people who enjoy the same things.

Cheers......

Sound like you have the perfect place to start :cool: Looking forward to seeing your finds drew.

Tim

Welcome Andrew,
Your dead right mate, it's laying round everywhere over here, you just need to get out there and pick it up :) . Where are you located? I'm in Meeka.

DD

I was reading the other day about gold in that area, it may of been in Gold & Ghosts!!

Yeah there is a bit of gold round these parts gadgetman45. Gold mines to the south, north and east. A lot of exploration was done around this area and some was found in quantities that mining was an option and in others there was not enough to justify mining. So that says to me that there is gold around here. I'm just going to try to get my piece of the action.

Welcome to the forum Andrew, and you're certainly in the right area to maximize your chances. Just got back from your neck of the woods and had a great time. Best of luck with the detector and look forward sharing the experience.

Cheers Wal.

76drew76 said:
Yeah there is a bit of gold round these parts gadgetman45. Gold mines to the south, north and east. A lot of exploration was done around this area and some was found in quantities that mining was an option and in others there was not enough to justify mining. So that says to me that there is gold around here. I'm just going to try to get my piece of the action.

Good luck mate, hope you find plenty of the shiny stuff.