G'day all!

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jay

Reaction score
My name is Jay and I currently live near Kempsey on the Mid North Coast of NSW. I recently moved back from NE Vic and am getting the itch for gold and gems. With the wealth of knowledge members on this page have, maybe someone could tell me if there are places close by to swirl a pan, or shake a sieve? (My closest neighbour advised me the closest places are the Northern Tablelands (Uralla, Glen Innes etc was hoping for somewhere a little closer).
Thanks guys

u

Hi Jay & welcome to the forum.
I'm sure someone nearby you will be able to help you out with some info for your local area.
Guessing you've Googled your local creek name & gold? Allways a good start.

Hi Marty,
I have searched high and low for info, all I found was old newspaper articles about propsectors 100 years ago in the Upper Macleay, it did not mention any specifics. The closest place I have found so far is around Glenreagh near Coffs Harbour. Will keep on searching though.
Cheers

G'Day Jay and welcome to the forum, as Marty said someone on here will be able to point you in the right direction, we are a friendly mob !
Regards Bill :cool:

welcome to the forum Jay ... where bouts in NE Vic did ya live ????

Welcome to the forum Jay, The member base is growing quite strong in your region and it shouldn't be too long before some worthwhile advice will come your way ...Keep up that research mate and good luck.....Cheers Wal. :)

Thanks guys...feel at home already! I have been heads down bum up, and have found a few places to check out already. Wooster I wasn't too far from where you are, I was living at a little old mining village called Eldorado. A short stay ended up being a few years, great places between there and Beechworth to hunt a bit of gold and gems...beautiful part of the country!Where abouts are you Blinkie?
(Thanks once again for the welcome and, I'll keep you up to date on how things are going.)

Latest posts