G'day all

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bundy Ben

Ben
Reaction score
Technology ay.. Crazy. Here I was reading some old gemstone books looking for a particular place locally and though I would Google a map of the area I was looking at... Up come a picture of a nice crystal & bam... Here I am.
I have a long history with gemstones & prospecting growing up asa young fella at Yowah Opal Fields and forever heading bush ever since looking/detecting for gems & gold. A growing family planted me for awhile but now they are just about all on their own paths so starting to get some free time. I have been in Bundaberg since 93 so have the wide bay pretty well sorted... But there is always another spot right? Spent some time around the west coast of Tassie finding a few little treasures & had a few short stops in areas like Barrington Tops but now time to look back in Qld.
Going to start playing locally at Lowmead and might venture out around Anakie & beyond later this year.
Anyways... Cheers till will meet on the scrub.

Welcome Ben, glad you found your way here. There are quite a few guys and gals active on the gems front as I'm sure you have already gathered, look forward to seeing you posting some finds. :)

Latest posts