Garrett Pinpointer Pro Pointer information, tips and questions

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Still Looking said:
How do you find the xpointer mate..any falsing problems,??..

Have had no such issues, but I am biased a bit... In addition, after repairing the last 7 Garrett's that were playing up.... I understand they have not faulted either...

One did return, but that was because it got full of sand.... And in the end it was working but no vibration...

Even though this is probably old news by now, I missed the fact that there was actually an upgraded Pro-pointer 2 model until today, as most of the recent hype has been played out over the waterproof Pro-pointer AT model. It can be a bit confusing for prospective purchasers or people new to the hobby, as some Oz dealers are still listing and displaying the old Pro-pointer model on their websites for sale vs the upgraded model. So please be aware of what you are buying before handing over your cash, or you may end up with the superceded pro-pointer.

The Pro-pointer 2 can be visually distinguished from the older model by the labelling, updated button, and lanyard loop on the rear. It has all of the features of the AT model, minus the IP68 waterproof rating (only IP66), lanyard metal ring, ruler markings on the shaft, and sensitivity adjust/detection beep on or off modes. The pro-pointer 2 also has improved build quality and sensitivity over the older model.

If you were to buy direct from Garrett in Oz, the AT version sells for $259, Pro-pointer 2 for $229, and the older pro-pointer for $189.

1452994750_images-5.jpg

Old model

1452994783_images-6.jpg

Pro-pointer AT

1452994825_images-7.jpg

Latest posts