Garrett Pinpointer Pro Pointer information, tips and questions

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yeah, definitely a good idea duck. Though would you mind editing your post to provide a little information about what you're linking to :)

The seller also has them for Minelab Propointers. 'tis a good idea.

I was thinking to buy a Garrett Pro Pointer, anybody uses one and what do you think about it.
Cheers
Goldquest

hi goldquest and Goldandsand you could try youtube there is a comparison of the minelab profind 25 vs garret pro pinpoiter
this may help you cheers Terry i have a minelab and i like it but i know garret people and they like it cheers Terry

Wouldn't go detecting without my Garrett pro pointer. Great little addition & saves me heaps of time. When the pro find came out, I got one & did my own comparrison test. Honestly & being straight down the line, there's very little actual difference in performance. With the new price of the Garrett, it will come down to whether you want to pay more for the pro find or not.

I use minelab detectors and bought a Garrett pro pointer as minelab didn't make one back then. I don't detect without it on my hip. Makes for quicker recovery times for those difficult to locate targets. I don't see any reason to change to minelab as this one is great. I've had alook at the youtube comparisons and there are other pin pointers that go deeper however if you're still more than 50mm away from your target after digging the plug, use your detector again. I've had my garrett for about 4 years now and it never lets me down. I hope this helps.

Only recently bought the new Minelab pinpointer.
Seems to work as described. Ive never owned one before.
Pinpointed a heck of a lot of old nails so far but no yellow stuff.

I brought Garrett, but have discovered it does interfere with Minelab detector even when Pinpointer is turned off, but tried a minelab pinpointer and don't believe it works quite as good. When I detect with Minelab detector GP extreme I now don't use pinpointer. But I also use other VLF detector's and use pinpointer with these. I have found the only area's that require a pinpointer is in turfed ground anyway. If it has no grass you can use bigger digging tool and then scoop loose dirt over coil. Same with sand recheck & scoop over coil.

Thanks guys, I bought a Garrett pin pointer and works very well, does not interfere with my GPX5000, make pin pointing much easier and save a lot of diggings especially when the target is on one side of the hole.
Cheers
Goldquest

i bought a tx pinpointer the square one thats black with yellow stickers off ebay for $30.00 works great even has a light when pressing the button great for night hunts the main drawback is it is half the size of a brick haha :p

I swear by the pro pointer, would'nt leave home without it.

An idea converted to reality in 2008 and first posted on the Garrett Infinium LS forum May 2009.......often copied thereafter and shown on youtube.

1368493255_propointer_st-1.jpg

1368493293_propointer_st-2.png

1368493309_propointer_st-3.jpg

The main purpose of Super Tuning the Pro-Pointer was to increase the sensitivity to tiny Gold bits.............the increased detection distance, can be a bonus when coin hunting.

1368493325_propointer_st-4.jpg

Today there is also an "Insta-Boost" Sidekick.......... real nifty and fast to use when coin/relic hunting.

1368493339_propointer_st-5.jpg

Comes in a kit.

1368493360_propointer_st-6.jpg

and used like this.

ivanll

Latest posts