Garrett Ace 350 information and questions

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hi All

Just got myself a Ace 350, anyone using one of these out there that may be able to give me some tips??

Thanks

Probably the best advice I can give you is to get out there and get into it. Take note of the variations in tones and responses to the different targets. You also could try finding a quite patch of ground to use as a test bed, laying down or burying various metal objects.

Make sure you read through the manual (several times, if necessary) and watch the DVD that comes with it. I would also check out the likes of Youtube for operational tips and tricks.

As AD said, listen out for clean signals that have the same response left to right, right to left. In most cases this will be a quality target or a bottle top :lol:

Good luck with it and I hope to see some pics of your finds soon.

Nugget.

Thanks Nugget

Yes am going to set up a test bed in my back yard to get some practice in.

Will put up some pics after my first outing of all the bottle tops i find...lol:)

Cheers Chicken

Got an ace 350 today, and for a good price...just wanted to share my enthusiasm :) It has pinpointer function :)

Some people thought the ALDI would steal market share, but I think it has introduced more people to the hobby, a lot of those people now doing what you have just done and upgrading.

Well done, just wait until you get the gold fever........

I would still use the aldi, it works! Just couldnt go past the deal I got on the 350.

Once you start using the Ace, I think you will find it hard to go back to the Aldi. The Ace is quite a capable detector once you learn a bit more about it, and how it responds to various targets.

The bell tones are great for seeking out $1 & $2 coins, although some bottle caps will sound the same. One of biggest bonuses is the pinpoint button, not only for zeroing in on targets, but can be held down and used in a true all-metal mode when scanning for deeper targets.

You should have some fun with this detector. ;)

so,...how much was this bargain buy RT,... if you don't mind my asking and all the world hearing ?,..otherwise you could just PM me with the info.

160, on gumtree, didnt haggle because he promised to hold it, and with headphones, plus sand sieve :)

Can't argue with that at all,...well done on the score RT,....ACE 250(mine) is along the same lines,.... click on my name and then click on "see all posts", then feel free to go through all my posts(and pages) to see if there is any information that will help you to understand your machine and help you in your quest. Feel free to PM me if you have any questions about the ACE and how to use it(yours and mine are similar,..cept yours has more grunt,.. I hear).
rocketaroo said:
160, on gumtree, didnt haggle because he promised to hold it, and with headphones, plus sand sieve :)

Hit nobbys beach this morning. After 1.5 hours, 10cents, a sinker, and many bottle caps. The beach has been closed last few days due to sharks, white pointers. Anyway great exercise, and my son enjoyed the beach. :)

Latest posts