Garrett Ace 250 Information & Questions

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ok that makes sense, I will most likely be spending more time in parks and beaches but I would still like to have a go at finding some gold doesn't really matter what the size.

Hi,

So I think I'm going to get the Ace 250 for my first detector.

The best price I could find (for a brand new one) is AUD$285 including shipping, but its from the USA. So this might be the one, I get but...

What's the go with getting one from the USA? I assume it will have US plugs and volatge. So is there/what are the simple/cheap ways to get around it...? Like use a travel adaptor or something?

Thanks

Its an extra 40 to get a fisher f2 locally, I'd pick that over a ace... Much faster, better target id etc

The Ace250/350 runs on (4) AA batteries - you can use rechargables but it doesn't come with a charger so you don't need to worry about voltage, etc.

Have you factored in shipping versus buying one here in Australia?

No US garrett dealers on ebay will sell a detector to Australian residents due to Garrett's policies, so you will find that the listing will state international shipping, bit when you go to checkout, they will most likely deny the transaction.

Even better value, check the forum for sales section, where Paul_mac 1 has an Ace 350 for sale at $300 which represents great value. The detector looks in great condition, and includes headphones and control box cover. Very good value considering they cost over $500 to buy here (in the guise of a Garrett Euroace).

Buy a new Ace 250 in Australia, and you are looking at around $400 including postage.

Also have a serious look at the Tesoro Compadre for a good quality first detector with lifetime warranty, at around $220 brand new in Australia with an 8" coil.

I'd have to agree with goldpick on the tesoro as I've done a lot of 'research' (that's what I tell the wife) & any two of the budget Tesoro's from Aussie detectors the compadre or silver umax will be very hard to beat. But if you want a display I think your already on the right track.
What would goldpick know bout the ace 250 :p

Don't waste money on garrett, the only good thing they've done in the last 5 years was the ATX.. oh and the sheep machines.

Anything Fisher, Teknetics, tersor..

Hey guys well I finally got myself a garret ace 250 :D :D

1417226617_image.jpg

1417226691_image.jpg

1417226748_image.jpg

1417226776_image.jpg

I hope to find some very good things with this detector being my first detector.

TFK

Congratulations TFK. I have one as well my F1A4M2 and Exterra 705. I'm sure it will be ok. What with your enthusiasm and interest in fossicking, how can you miss.
Good Luck mate.
Jaros. :p

Their a great machine, we have had so much
Fun with these detectors
Garrett puts out a good product
Which is ready to go straight from
The box after assembly
Happy Hunting
EM :D

Well done. You should do well with it, as said they are a good reliable detector. I think GoldPick has paid for his a few times over with his finds.

Cliff

They certainly are a fun detector to go coin hunting with, especially for cherry picking recent drops in the dry sand after a hot day, and in tot lots & playgrounds. I'm sure you will enjoy it, if you have any questions, there are a few Ace owners on here that are always willing to help out. :)

One tip, ensure that your coil cable is firmly wrapped around the shaft using the velcro ties, this will prevent the coil from picking up any cable movement, and hence no falsing. ;)

What a top lookijng little machine,....I know you will do very well with it.
DO A SEARCH ON " ACE250 " and you should find lots of posts that will help you out on the forum FK.

Got to start somewhere I guess, and the backyard is usually the first place most guys try out their detectors. Here's hoping you can latch on to a few coins when you head next, but perseverance will pay off eventually as you learn your detector.

Might pay to bury a few coins and junk targets in your yard, just so you can get used to Ace's tones and discrimination. ;)

Latest posts