Garnets in Bredbo River.

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Explorer385

Terry Rushton
Reaction score
Hi all,

I have read somewhere a long time ago that Garnets can be found in Bredbo River?
Can anyone confirm or deny for me?
Terry

hi explorer385, ive done a little read with nit much luck on info for garnets, though I do feel the map on the link below will interest you:

http://www.bonzle.com/c/a?a=p&cmd=s...=1&x=148.773465&y=-34.323255&w=108465&mpsec=0

( sorry if thats not a proper link..using my phone )

It lists many mineral mines, tunnels and deposits, it seems like an interesting area, lucky you!

Ive check all my gem n mineral books and no info on garnets in the area either, but that doesnt mean they are not there. Look into what other gem and minerals that garnets may relate to or be found together with, and you may be able to trace garnet.

Thanks for the response AtomRat. I am also doing a bit of research into the area. There are old gold mines not too far up the Bredbo from the Monaro Highway and the area around Kybean has also shown promise.
Not sure where I read about the garnets but sure it was a local source around Canberra.
Was just testing the waters to see if any of the locals had any insight.
Terry

Latest posts