Fossickers / Prospectors - iPad / iPhone / Android App in development

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Way point recording, camera/ video capture section,
With links back to forum and members section.
Options for photos of areas people
visit different locations can.
Bookmark on maps for public viewing.
Links to sites like trove for research
Into old mining sites, historical locations of interest
While out in the field.
Trip planner, possible accomodation
Or free camp sites or known bush camps.
Feedback section after visiting areas
Of interest with rating scale.
Historic maps section for prospecting
Guidance in the field or trip planning.
Guide for new people to the hobby
On what to take for safety,hydration,communication
Personal safety etc... When venturing into
The field.
Access to locations, roads, tracks, prohibited
Areas, etc...
Links to gov web site for prospectors licence
Registration and renewal.
Hope this helps
EM

gcause said:
Hi EM,

Noted, Release 1 scope is closed but have noted these for Release 2 and possibly Release 3 as its a big list, I will do my best to accommodate these features :p

Cheers,

Grant
Thanks grant for you return post
And consideration into my ideas
It sounds like you have a winner here
With the App
I hope it all goes well and look forward
To following you progress
All the very best Grant
EM

Hi folks,

Heres a quick update on whats been happening with my App.

Apple announced the following:

December 17, 2014 - 64-bit and iOS 8 Requirements for App Updates

As we announced in October, beginning on February 1, 2015 new iOS apps submitted to the App Store must include 64-bit support and be built with the iOS 8 SDK. Beginning June 1, 2015 app updates will also need to follow the same requirements. To enable 64-bit in your project, we recommend using the default Xcode build setting of Standard architectures to build a single binary with both 32-bit and 64-bit code.

So ever since I have been waiting for the people who make the tools I use to update their environment to support this.

They finally have and after two weeks work I have ported the app accordingly to the new unified API as they are calling it.

This was a significant setback to my plans that has cost about 2 months development time.

However I used the time I had to do a bit of a rewrite to reduce the amount of platform specific code (i.e. iOS, Android) I had and make more reuse of code so in the long term maintenance of the product would be easier.

I have also had to rename the product to MakeTraks as opposed to the original MakeTracks as the domain names were already taken.

1422092438_maketraksiphone5sspacegrayportrait_640x1136_01.png

I have now setup a dedicated website for the product (still a work in progress but you will get the gist):

http://www.maketraks.com

As the product could be downloaded from anywhere in the world I have also added international support to the product.

1422092634_spanishiphone5ssilverportrait_640x1136_01.png

1422092665_chineseiphone5cblueportrait_640x1136_01.png

Cheers,

Grant

Looks bloody marvellous! Almost wants me to get an apple of some sort rather than wait for the Android version.

Lots of hard work for you but looks very exciting for us.

Congrats and thanks again.

Hi gcause,

This looks the goods. Reading through what is to be included it looks awesome. The only thing I would like to be included would be some sort of directory to tell you where the nearest prospecting shops are to the area you are in.
I don't know anything about how possible that even is lol.

Looks like you are doing a great job, I don't envy the amount of hard work you must've put in.

Thanks,
Ian

ianjb said:
Hi gcause,

This looks the goods. Reading through what is to be included it looks awesome. The only thing I would like to be included would be some sort of directory to tell you where the nearest prospecting shops are to the area you are in.
I don't know anything about how possible that even is lol.

Looks like you are doing a great job, I don't envy the amount of hard work you must've put in.

Thanks,
Ian

No worries Ian its just another data layer to load. I will give the users the option to turn it on or off. I have noted it for Release 3, still working on Release 1 though. :D

gcause said:
In terms of pinning finds:
  • No one will be able to see the location of other app users finds on their device.[/*]
  • Only the person who owns the device will be able to enter and see their finds.[/*]
  • If they choose to export their finds as a KML, KMZ file then others would be able to see the find locations but only if they choose to share the files with them.[/*]

Cheers,

Grant
just read through this, an would it be possible to export a gpx file as well, save using bable to convert the file , so it can be a direct upload to a stand alone gpsr or navigator :)

Hi Doctor,

The tools I use to do the development does support Windows Phones also and I will look into it in the future but for now I have to focus on the market leaders iOS and Android.

I will have to investigate the GPX file layout to see if it can be supported but I have noted both your requirements for Release 3.

Cheers,

Grant