Food /Water Complacently

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
madtuna said:
How many are on medication for blood pressure or diabetes or a dicky heart etc?
Got enough of a supply of that?

Suppose if the faeces hits the spinny thing you could always pop down to the local chemist, disable the dude behind the counter with a well aimed can of baked beans then tie him up with your 100 metres of Paracord while you raid the shelves for more meds :Y:

LOL, Yeah that should Impress him being Gifted a free Can of beans :playful: :playful: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Regarding the medication, They give me 3 months worth at a time FREE and I have built up a small stash with enough to keep me going for a while, Since I had the Quad Bypass they have stopped a lot of the Medication I was On because I just don't need it anymore,

The Hospital is only a mile down the road and my Doc is about 400m away right next door to the poor old Chemist Guy who is Allergic to Beans, LOL :lol: :lol: :lol:

Sandta said:
Ridge Runner said:
Since I got the camper conversion done I have been stocking up with Tins of corned beef and tins of soup and various tinned meats and fish and tins of baked beans etc, and I still have more to buy, When I go to Aldi/Lidl's I will be buying 24 cans of everything So I expect I will have at leased 6 months worth of food,

Power is not and issue as I have 1000w of solar ready to go and a Genny, plus I have 2 portable Lithium power packs and 3 x 115 Ah deep cycle batteries, Along with 4 12v inverters, I have got 6 or 7 jerry cans for fuel which should give me a fuel range of around 4250 k's

I have at leased 90 227gm cans of Butane for my Stove and Oven and 3 Gas Heaters and I got 2 15kg bottles of Camping Gas/Butane,

Plus I got my possibles kit which will cover most things in an emergency including 100m of Para Cord. :Y:

Your lucky to be living so far away from Smoky
Thats exactly what he would be after ;)
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :Y:
No i would leave everyone to themselves.
I just ment water in my area is everywhere so I just have to shoot some food..And the odd person trying to raid my shit. :lol:

madtuna said:
How many are on medication for blood pressure or diabetes or a dicky heart etc?
Got enough of a supply of that?

Suppose if the faeces hits the spinny thing you could always pop down to the local chemist, disable the dude behind the counter with a well aimed can of baked beans then tie him up with your 100 metres of Paracord while you raid the shelves for more meds :Y:

You have enough Camels for milk, clothing and meat.
Follow them to water.

OR ride them...

Just dont eat their food.

;)

One of the best emergency foods is the cheap corned meat from aldi, lots of fat and salt and some sort of protein. Rice is cheap. But not all rice is equal. Rice and aldi corned meat are cheap enough to keep a months supply as they last 3 years then throw them away and buy fresh stuff.
Biggest problem would be the houso/thugs who go raiding and just take whatever they want.

Six in the family, two inlaws, logistics are interesting for food and water.

Water about 10,000 L

Food currently, about 2 weeks with fridges and power, about 5 days without.

Meds required, about 6 months (Kato)

Surprisingly this sticks in my mind as from 20 or so years ago when the world was going to stop because of Computer Bios Clocks
and software O/S's. Then the prepper TV programs, it did make me think of all that stuff back then.

If this is triggered because of the C Virus info currently ?

You will need at least 2 months of provisions, meds and water, fuel/heating for food prep and water, toiletries too.
Toilet paper and a system to get rid of any waste.
Dont forget your pets too.
Fuel, extra foods, basic over the counter meds., masks, gloves, bleaching detergents.
Thermometers etc

Was that on your mind Outback ?

:cool:

:)

Ridge Runner said:
OldGT said:
Ridge Runner said:
Plus I got my possibles kit which will cover most things in an emergency including 100m of Para Cord. :Y:

Things would need to be pretty grim.

At least the mortgage would be one less thing to worry about.

Im sure the scenario put in the OP would either be not nearly as bad or much more devastating than quoted.

When I watch those Prepper shows I cant help but think those shows never really address pathogens and disease which would very rapidly become prevalent when the :poop: hits the fan.

But if it helps them sleep at night good luck to them, its only the children caught up in the centre of that paranoid state of their parents that annoys me.

I'm not a Prepper I just like to go off camping or detecting when ever I think of it, I think a lot of preppers are nuts, I got the gear I have because my family are spread all over the Globe, But now I have this Van I can travel without being stuck for a place to spend the night,

I tried travelling for 6 months over here sleeping in nothing but a small car and that was murder and the winters can be brutal so now I am better organized where I have all the things I need and enough space in the Van to sleep eat and use the computer etc, :Y:

Was a joke about using a rope to put yourself to the gallows is things got apocalyptic enoufh just in case you missed it. I just read your final line and couldnt help but think.....well even if its too much hes got the final act sorted too haha.

As Scouts taught us many moons ago, Always be prepared. Youve rightly made the distinction here between informed choices and OTT nuts that take things to the extreme levels of preparation in anticipation of an extraordinary event.

OldGT said:
Ridge Runner said:
OldGT said:
Ridge Runner said:

Things would need to be pretty grim.

At least the mortgage would be one less thing to worry about.

Im sure the scenario put in the OP would either be not nearly as bad or much more devastating than quoted.

When I watch those Prepper shows I cant help but think those shows never really address pathogens and disease which would very rapidly become prevalent when the :poop: hits the fan.

But if it helps them sleep at night good luck to them, its only the children caught up in the centre of that paranoid state of their parents that annoys me.

I'm not a Prepper I just like to go off camping or detecting when ever I think of it, I think a lot of preppers are nuts, I got the gear I have because my family are spread all over the Globe, But now I have this Van I can travel without being stuck for a place to spend the night,

I tried travelling for 6 months over here sleeping in nothing but a small car and that was murder and the winters can be brutal so now I am better organized where I have all the things I need and enough space in the Van to sleep eat and use the computer etc, :Y:

Was a joke about using a rope to put yourself to the gallows is things got apocalyptic enoufh just in case you missed it. I just read your final line and couldnt help but think.....well even if its too much hes got the final act sorted too haha.

As Scouts taught us many moons ago, Always be prepared. Youve rightly made the distinction here between informed choices and OTT nuts that take things to the extreme levels of preparation in anticipation of an extraordinary event.

Yep, All I have done is add more of the same things that I use or need in everyday life, The only Excess I have is with the Solar panels and that only happened because I was going to buy a Big RV type camper but in the end it would not fit around the corners on the street where I live also the new Emission Laws would of limited me as to where I could drive the thing, Hence why I bought a Van/MPV that is only 2 years old,

As for the panels I will link them up because due to the lack of sunshine over here it is the only way I can make the voltage to charge my Batteries, and the Spare panels I will use around the home,

Since buying the new van I have had to rethink a few of my plans but it is slowly coming together and by next weekend I hope to go and give it all a test run Once these 80mph+ winds die down this weekend :mad: :mad: :mad:

Manpa said:
Outback, is this something you have always done or is it something new? If it is new, what made you decide to do it?

Has always been on my mind but the coming China shutdown will have dire consequences for the Australian economy .
Our dollar is buying 66.72 US cents ' will it continue to drop ? depends on what happens regarding trade outlook .

Back in April 2001 our dollar was only 0.4833 USD/AUD , then at the height of the mining boom 1.10 USD/AUD

Greenhornet : Yes for sure !

one big part of the picture is not advertising you are storing up supplies as you would be the first to be visited most preppers I have seen hide everything and not all in the same spot when or if the world goes to s#$t help no one and trust the same it will be a dog eat dog world

savage bitter said:
one big part of the picture is not advertising you are storing up supplies as you would be the first to be visited most preppers I have seen hide everything and not all in the same spot when or if the world goes to s#$t help no one and trust the same it will be a dog eat dog world

And 2 months later when things get back online there will be a huge backlog of court cases.......(But is was life and death your honour)

Very Interesting (remember Laugh In , I don't but was told about it :) ) 1 x 130,000 Lts rainwater at about 50%, 2 x 22500 Lts at 60% 1 x 22500 at 20%, power I'm off grid System is 2.5 years old so should last at least 10 yrs have several fire arms and too much ammo plenty of roos & rabbits around at the moment. garden has tomato's cabbages, pumpkins & strawberry's,Quite a lot of various seeds. A few old rabbit traps somewhere in a shed. 2 fishing nets 60m & 80m ,condition unknown in a bag, & live 500mts from the beach. 1200lt diesel tank about 60%. Almost finished 2 sheep in freezer , and ordered 1 sheep & side of beef to pick up this week so short on veg but could live on meat & fish I guess. make our own bread so have flour to last around a month & ya don't know exactly where I live Ha Ha

I have a everlasting supply if i can keep looters away , 1st step block the road into the farms , 2nd move everything i need to strategic locations where i can gaurd livestock etc, 3rd set traps in obvious entry points along with trail cams, 4th sit back and wait for the hoards , only trade i will accept will be feul , gold and alcohol.

LOL, you guys are way too serious, food supplies will be short but not gone.

I just want to get past a bad period and keep us from getting something in the middle of the drama, a little bit of self isolation
to give it a chance to burn out.

O:)

Plenty of water at home, food... never store much probably a couple of weeks so we'd head bush, survive there far better than in a city.

Not so far fetched though but on a smaller scale, been looking into cyclone preparedness for the high rise, but the reality on the Gold Coast is far different and many don't realise it.

Let say a Cat 3 storm hits, plenty of houses damaged, roofs gone etc, but 'The Strip' is a totally different ball game! If it comes with a 3m storm surge, which is not unrealistic, (Ita had waves at 13m on the sunny coast) all highrise basements will be flooded, they contain the main power system for the building plus the back-up generators which only cover essential services. All will be gone and destroyed by the salt water, water pumps out, sewerage contamination of potable water. Virtually none of the highrise building will function and it could take months to rebuild a building's infrastructure.

Latest posts