Fittings, Layflat, Suction hose for Highbankers..

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sorry for the very late reply.
The highbanker was purchased from "Sluicy Gold Equiptment Australia". They are a Victorian based seller who make their own gold prospecting equiptment.

Hey everyone.
Just about to go but my couplings and camlocks and whatever else I need. I was just wanting some people to tell me what I really need for it.
This is my setup
1420506547_image.jpg

Can someone tell me what type of pipe pieces I need to add to the t junction for the camlock to join.

And can someone please send me links to what hoses I need with all the right camlocks set up into the hose already. I have no thread on them! (They need to be 1.5 inch). Thanks!

Go to an irrigation place and get camlock fittings, also knowledge and experience, unlike bunnings...

I used a 1" to 1 1/2" irrigation elbow - camlock screwed in to elbow, elbow screwed on to banker.

Ryan1981 said:
The yellow plastic camlocks on Ebay are good value

Take care that you check the quality of the Camlocks. I use lots for some vollie work I do and have had the following issues in the last 12 months with various suppliers.
1 - The cams don't fully lock down when 2 items are connected, meaning that they have to be taped or wired together to stop the fittings separating (cheapies)
2 - The Camlock fittings split when there is an internal pipe thread, This has been on both fitting types.
3 - The whole of the end behind rubber washer of camlock fittings have split out, just due to the pressure of the cams closing. Has happened to several sizes.

All of these have been plastic fittings and we are currently in "discussions" with Reece regarding the quality of some fittings supplied.....

Not that you will be using hot water in the planned use, if using for other purposes, then don't use plastic fittings for hot water. I normally use S/S or ALU for hot water.

Also there is often little difference in cost between the Plastic, ALU, S/S and Fibre Glass fittings.

I haven't had any issues with either Plasson or Philmac, but I am not sure who will stock these in your locations.

Rob.

PabloP said:
Ryan1981 said:

Take care that you check the quality of the Camlocks. I use lots for some vollie work I do and have had the following issues in the last 12 months with various suppliers.
1 - The cams don't fully lock down when 2 items are connected, meaning that they have to be taped or wired together to stop the fittings separating (cheapies)
2 - The Camlock fittings split when there is an internal pipe thread, This has been on both fitting types.
3 - The whole of the end behind rubber washer of camlock fittings have split out, just due to the pressure of the cams closing. Has happened to several sizes.

All of these have been plastic fittings and we are currently in "discussions" with Reece regarding the quality of some fittings supplied.....

Not that you will be using hot water in the planned use, if using for other purposes, then don't use plastic fittings for hot water. I normally use S/S or ALU for hot water.

Also there is often little difference in cost between the Plastic, ALU, S/S and Fibre Glass fittings.

I haven't had any issues with either Plasson or Philmac, but I am not sure who will stock these in your locations.

Rob.

My mates had the ebay cam locks on his HB for over a year with no problems, maybe you got a bad batch?

Ryan1981 said:
PabloP said:
Ryan1981 said:

Rob.

My mates had the ebay cam locks on his HB for over a year with no problems, maybe you got a bad batch?

No, some sourced from Melbourne and some from Ballarat, and different dealer. I agree that there are good ones out there, just waving the flag that there are some duds to watch out for.

Rob.

hi guys, a quick question that will probably sound dumb to all but here we go, i want to use my new 2' pump on Sunday but for the life of me can not get 2' suction hose anywhere and ordering it, it wont be here by Sunday, my question is would i be able to use a length of 2' pvc pipe with a heavy duty rubber coupling at the pump as a pick up?
Cheers
Jamie

Hi Guy's.
I have a new highbanker sluice with a 40 mm inlet from pump. I am trying to decide what would be the best hose to us. Have been looking at layflat hose but wonder if I should go for something else. What is everybody using these days. Storage and space saving for getting to the fields is to be considered but performance is priorty. I will soon be hoping to meet someof you where the yellow is. Cheers
Doug WD

Lay flat packs up HEAPS better, can't take much pressure unless you get the red stuff or fire hose.
I have mainly fire hose in 1.5 and 2 inch.
You need reinforced suction hose for the intake and a screen/filter of some sort to go in the water.
Where are you?

Latest posts