First Trip...

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hi Hungover and the sober one are back from there first detecting trip........3 days out Hill End way NSW
How the hell do you ever find anything.....I can report the Mine lab F1A4 X army mine detector does indeed
detect metal lots of it in fact bottle top after bottle top....its a good job detecting is a new extension to my
love of camping and just getting away from it all in the bush.

We found bits of what I think was either a crusher or stamper (they were a long way down) as well, along with nails, steel bar, and lots of fence or tie wire and the only half interesting thing was a old rifle case as yet unidentified its not a 303, case is to short I'll have to get the books out and ID the head stamp.

Everything we hit on we dug up. Nearly gave up on one though which was about a foot down under heaps of rock. Unfortunately just turned out to be a large chunk of metal left over from the old gold mining days.

Unfortunately no gold yet.

H&S

Sounds like a good detector, did you find any really tiny targets like shotgun pellets? Just interested in it's sensitivity.

Heatho said:
Sounds like a good detector, did you find any really tiny targets like shotgun pellets? Just interested in it's sensitivity.

No shotgun pellets, the smallest bit was an old bit of wire about a foot down about 1/2 inch long.

T

Hi Hungover , I did say Hill End is tough , too much rubbish around. but good to know your detector works at a nice depth, better luck next time , Cheers Paul

headbut said:
Hi Hungover , I did say Hill End is tough , too much rubbish around. but good to know your detector works at a nice depth, better luck next time , Cheers Paul

G'Day Paul

I hope so, the cook has been researching sense we got back, were going to do a bit of experimenting with the detector
after reading posts on the forum it seems some detectors emit different sounds on different metals I think the F1A4 has only got one noise,gonna have to test that when we get a chance

Anyhow we had a nice 3 days out in the bush which is always a good thing

T

Latest posts