First time swing! Durikai

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ned kellys not dead

Wayne Kelly
Reaction score
Well went and took my lovely wife for a drive today out to Durikai, mainly to check the area out, its only about an hour and three quarters from home, but I took the 4500 as well, it was a cool start at 5.30 and very windy when we got up there, but very relaxing to be in the bush again. We drove around a bit to check out the terrain and tracks etc., then settled on a stony ridge with lots of white quartz and what I assume is lots of iron stone ( was getting lots of small feedback from patches which when I dug down had a gravelly/clay sort of appearance and the magnet attracted lots of small pebbles?? (Ironstone???) Anyway stuck to it and slowly worked my way down the hill towards a small creek, not really certain that the 4500 was working properly at this stage, then I got a hit that had the blood racing, carefully scraped away the leaves, twigs and debris, and a bit at a time started to take a few pick fulls at a time, checking the hole as I went to make sure I still had a signal, getting stronger, more excited, can't wait, finally about 10" down I check the hole again and its out so into the pile I dive and slowly check it back over the coil, GOT IT!! A nice old lead bullet, DEFLATED!! BUT, at least I know my girl works and now can't wait till the thing I dig up is much more precious, worked the creek and a couple of washes, but never got any more hits like that one so we came home, but all in all we had a great day!! Ned :p

Latest posts