First Sluice Gold

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Well I could not make it to Eldorado but I managed to to the second best thing, got some gold from my local spot. Its the second time I've used the sluice and the first time I got some gold in it! It's not much but it is a start.
1415073612_img_0129.jpg

I think I had the sluice set up right, certainly had a good volume of water going through it :)

Awesome prospector B nothing like hitting your local. Nice bits there sure looks like its catching the dmall stuff

Where there is some there should be more. Test pan all over and find the concentrated areas!

Nice work!

Thanks all, I was worried that I had too much water going through the sluice but it did catch heaps of fine black sand, always a good sign I suppose. Having the creek close to me is great, my only wish is that I could go more often! I've panned heaps in the creek but I'm struggling to figure out where the concentrated spots are, I think small creek dynamics are in play.

Obviously the area has gold, just need to scope the area more before you decide to set up the banker. U need to be getting close to what's in that pan....in a test pan before you set up the banker. Having said that ive had a "lucky" pan before and then nothing more...so gold is a very strange thing. lots of looking, testing etc before setting up a banker. I know that hurts but most of us have learned the hard way. Great effort just do more recon on the spot and im sure u will hit the jackpot!

Latest posts