First run with the AT Pro

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
We were just kicking back at 5 and had a idea to give my new AT Pro a run
So miss mud guts and I drive the massive 300m down to the local park for a swing
Strait out of the box with no idea what we were doing tin lid at 140mm
Then several bits of fosters beer can between 70 120mm
Then as they say on digger we got roundness to the tune of 5c
And a further 2c, miss guts had the weirdest look on her face as she had never seen one
Then jack pot 20c miss guts did the happy dance
All this took place in 30mins and in eye shot of home
May have to do it again after the soccer mums go home
Bent the crap out of the cyclone digger need to upgrade that baby any ideas ??
Great fun all the same
Two thumbs up to the AT Pro and Pro Pointer :D

Went back this afternoon for a quick swing
Similar results lots of old can pulls and bottle tops
And one coin 1 cent peice
No nuggets but fun

Miss Guts one happy camper
1376210089_image.jpg

I love it
Pull tabs at 100-150mm
Can't be that bad the 1c peice was at around 110mm
I know it's not a 5000 but it is doing me justice

Good stuff !! The only people who bag the AT PRO ain't got one !! Try your back yard around the clothesline !! ( if not yours a friends or relative's , the older the better !! )

Hey Mudguts, for what we do the AT Pro and other Treasure/Relic detectors (Minelab 705, Etrac etc) are ideal. The high end Gold detectors are designed for their specific task and would be abit of over kill. Good luck with the learning curve.

AussieTreasureDigger said:
Heatho said:
Wait till you hit a beach with it. All good fun mate.

I have a CTX3030 and an AT Pro, i probably take the Pro out more than the 3030,
it does the job very well.

Hi A.T.D., I thought the CTX 3030was supposed to be the "Bees Knees", any particular reason why you take the AT Pro out more, the reason I am asking is that I have the AT Pro with the NEL Hunter coil, & I was considering saving up for a CTX 3030.

Mate I swear by my at pro its a great machine for treasure hunting. I hardly ever dig junk with mine, mind you it takes a bit of getting used to but once you learn to distinguish rubbish from a good target its happy days. Start hitting the beaches now so you are ready for summer, I have owned mine now for a while and so far I have found 2 18ct gold rings, and a 9ct gold ring, plus heaps off silver rings. :D
cheers Rob

Mudguts said:
We were just kicking back at 5 and had a idea to give my new AT Pro a run
So miss mud guts and I drive the massive 300m down to the local park for a swing
Strait out of the box with no idea what we were doing tin lid at 140mm
Then several bits of fosters beer can between 70 120mm
Then as they say on digger we got roundness to the tune of 5c
And a further 2c, miss guts had the weirdest look on her face as she had never seen one
Then jack pot 20c miss guts did the happy dance
All this took place in 30mins and in eye shot of home
May have to do it again after the soccer mums go home
Bent the crap out of the cyclone digger need to upgrade that baby any ideas ??
Great fun all the same
Two thumbs up to the AT Pro and Pro Pointer :D

gadgetman45 said:
Heatho said:
Wait till you hit a beach with it. All good fun mate.

I have a CTX3030 and an AT Pro, i probably take the Pro out more than the 3030,
it does the job very well.

Hi A.T.D., I thought the CTX 3030was supposed to be the "Bees Knees", any particular reason why you take the AT Pro out more, the reason I am asking is that I have the AT Pro with the NEL Hunter coil, & I was considering saving up for a CTX 3030.

I love my CTX it eats the AT Pro (mines a U.S Version not that this matters) on the beach in the salt water, chalk and cheese really, it lets me know more about whats going on underneath the coil, its great for plotting grids in places i hunt over large areas. I can self program so many tones and sound spreads and depths for the type of hunting and type of coin etc etc etc, it has found me so many fantastic things and i always take it when i am going to possible big relic sites, it gives me an idea of the size of the finds, just by looking on the display screen, and what junk or other objects are around my target. It found me more silvers in a month than the AT Pro with a stock coil did over 10minths and i wouldnt be with out it as part of my detector collection, i only have detectors i use alot.

The AT Pro lives in my car its my go to detector, i have a NEL Hunter on it and it hits quite deep, the NEL rejuvenated it, made it a better detector. I like its not so many bells and whistles approach and there isnt anything i dont know about its operation after 18mnths of constant use (almost daily), so its easy for me to pick it up and go, a bit like an old pair of shoes i suppose. The AT Pro is also pretty good in the hot ground and doesnt false alot, i find the CTX falses more, but i am working on fixing this with the hot ground programe i am working on, to add to the many programs i have for the conditions i work in.

These days if i am going to work the hot ground i take my SD2200V2, it doesnt bat an eyelid up there in the triangle.

Horses for courses and i wouldnt part with any of my detectors they each serve their own purpose.

Hi, A.T.D. thanks for the great info, guess I will still keep have to keep saving my pennies for the CTX 3030, just as a matter of interest what coil do you use on the CTX 3030.

I use the stock coil 11" but i am going to get a 17" for it to use on the beaches in summer, i use a garrett 5"x8" on the AT Pro for trashy tight stuff, i bought that when i bought when i got the Pro.

Not many choices for the CTX you have the 6" 11" and 17"

I use the stock coil 11" but i am going to get a 17" for it to use on the beaches in summer, i use a garrett 5"x8" on the AT Pro for trashy tight stuff, i bought that when i bought when i got the Pro.

Once again A.T.D thanks for the info, I'm making a note of all of it for future reference. now I suppose you don't know anyone selling a second hand CTX 3030 for a reasonable price.

gadgetman45 said:

Once again A.T.D thanks for the info, I'm making a note of all of it for future reference. now I suppose you don't know anyone selling a second hand CTX 3030 for a reasonable price.

Ummmm???????? No

I think most are going around the $2200 mark that i have seen.

I had my first swing with my new detecter today I only had 30 minutes but found $6 and some other junk I was so exited when I found my first coin I'm hooked. :D

Latest posts