finding rings ?.

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Just be careful.

Laws exist in most states which is called theft by finding.

My suggestion is to report anything valuable to the police
Get a receipt and tell them you want the item back if not
Claimed.

Not sure how it will go down if you try selling a ring on a
Website and The owner sees it and reports to the police.

Good luck with it.

Plain gold bands not a drama . But bands with bling stones can land you In strife . Most would be insured and have photos for their evaluation that insurance company's use. Even pawn brokers take pics of rings that they buy . that goes Into a data base for police and insurance company's use. Is it worth the risk. ..

My wife works for WA police. And I'll say all papers ebay and the likes of Gumtree get monitored. . And you'd be surprised at how many get done for theft . Receiving stolen goods. Not just police either that look the owners of lost and stolen property and insurance company's look as well. ..

Had all mine handed back, except one of the last ones. The parents of the girl who owned it gave me a nice gesture of their appreciation though. Do the right thing and good things will come. Over a dozen and counting.

take photos of the rings and where/when they were found, give the info to the police lost and found. 3 months later you should be able to claim it as yours. ring the police for the full info. a lot of diamonds have the id marks lasered onto the side of the stone which can help located an owner.

Yep i find alot of rings over here in nz but have found 1 or 2 on bondi beach as well, i first look for any engraving in the ring,if it does i usually hand in to the police and if it is not claimed in 40days i get it back,if it has no engraving i usually sell them as i only like to keep/Hoard natural gold

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts