Fill Your Bloody Holes in

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Numb_Thumb said:
Ridge Runner said:
Over here they have been handing out info on the correct way to do things for about 15 20 years or more. It's a good Idea because it keeps people doing the right thing,

john

Haha! yeh right RR, lets hand out the rules and all shall obey.........do you live under a rock?

Those that do the wrong thing, are well aware of the right thing to do! ;)

You still don't see it do you,

The Rules were there when you first took up this Hobby, You Agreed to them back then, But now you want to move the Goal Post to suit your needs, And if you get caught I Guarantee that you will get more Air time on the TV and the news papers than a little Old Lady does getting beaten up and robbed.

I have already lost one hobby because of some nut case and I lost thousands of Dollars because of new Laws and BS.

Are you a Troll ?? are you just trying to get people to Bite, You have just one Objective and that is Self Self Self, What about the thousands of other blokes here who work all year and look forward to their time of spending it out in the Bush hoping to find a life changer while enjoying what the Bush has to offer,

What about what they want and all the millions of Dollars combined that they have all spent so they can go out there, while your attitude puts all that at risk, What about the Pick and Sluice companies not to mention the Detector shops and the Sponser's on THIS Forum, What about all the money and time in years that they have spent trying to set up their little Businesses, Who's going to give all that back to them,? YOU ??.

And No I don't live under a Rock I live where people matter and I consider others as much as myself, And I also give everyone a fair crack of the whip, I can't believe you keep coming out with all this ole Bollocks, You are more to be pitied than anything else,

I bet when the government moves in and says NO MORE that you are the First Richard Cranium to put up his hand and say "It wasn't me, Wot Ave I Dun", :eek: :(

Quite frankly, I think you have over stayed your welcome here, because we want people to build this hobby - Forum up NOT smash it up.

It's true, in many years the remains of the old timers are being reclaimed by the bush. This is nature!
Does it make it right to leave our holes unfilled?
The wombat or rabbit (no pun, Wombat PA member) does not fill his hole when finished with it.
How ever the wombat/ rabbit does not live in a society where the minority can rule and a minority our side of the fence can efff it up for all.

Numb_Thumb. The bush will reclaim the land eventually as we all will be returned from which we arrived. We all know this even if we cannot contemplate that day.
However if our prospecting is banned by the powers that be, do we all come here to reminisce about the days when it was legal to fossick and prospect.

Personally I would prefer not to give the greens or any other organisation any excuse to shut it down.
Looking at what happened to firearms laws, gun control after the actions of one unstable individual whom did not legally have access to these weapons/ tools in the first place. They had used his actions as a catalyst to ??? reform the sport. BS !

Our continent has been under the sea, a tropical paradise to a mostly dry and continually evolving landscape. The diggings of the weekend prospector may not impact the bush as much as the cans, stubbies, chip packets, spray paint etc and a few rogue 4 wheel drivers. But lets not give anyone any reason to lobby against prospecting.

Cheers

2 drams, 2 blocks of ice with a dash of dry!

goldengoose said:
It's true, in many years the remains of the old timers are being reclaimed by the bush. This is nature!
Does it make it right to leave our holes unfilled?
The wombat or rabbit (no pun, Wombat PA member) does not fill his hole when finished with it.
How ever the wombat/ rabbit does not live in a society where the minority can rule and a minority our side of the fence can efff it up for all.

Numb_Thumb. The bush will reclaim the land eventually as we all will be returned from which we arrived. We all know this even if we cannot contemplate that day.
However if our prospecting is banned by the powers that be, do we all come here to reminisce about the days when it was legal to fossick and prospect.

Personally I would prefer not to give the greens or any other organisation any excuse to shut it down.
Looking at what happened to firearms laws, gun control after the actions of one unstable individual whom did not legally have access to these weapons/ tools in the first place. They had used his actions as a catalyst to ??? reform the sport. BS !

Our continent has been under the sea, a tropical paradise to a mostly dry and continually evolving landscape. The diggings of the weekend prospector may not impact the bush as much as the cans, stubbies, chip packets, spray paint etc and a few rogue 4 wheel drivers. But lets not give anyone any reason to lobby against prospecting.

Cheers

2 drams, 2 blocks of ice with a dash of dry!
Cheers gg. :p

#1 Dawn out for the bunnies.
#2 Breakfast by the camp.
#3 Marinate mornings catch.
#4 Out sniffing out some color then lunch.
#5 More color then set the lines.
#6 FILL BLO\#DY HOLES ! not as hard as diggin !!
#7 Enjoy mornings catch on barbie, washed down with the 2 blocks etc
#8 sleep

#9 wake and repeat steps #1-9

= bliss :D

PS: did I miss a step ???

goldengoose said:
#1 Dawn out for the bunnies.
#2 Breakfast by the camp.
#3 Marinate mornings catch.
#4 Out sniffing out some color then lunch.
#5 More color then set the lines.
#6 FILL BLO\#DY HOLES ! not as hard as diggin !!
#7 Enjoy mornings catch on barbie, washed down with the 2 blocks etc
#8 sleep

#9 wake and repeat steps #1-9

= bliss :D

PS: did I miss a step ???

Yep, You forgot the Beer :eek:

john

John,

If I drank my collection of JW bottles in one sitting I would be dead many many times over from pre 70"s to current bottles. Being collecting for years.
The other half thinks I"m mad.
At $360 that would be a large cased bottle Blue or a limited release.
Either way they do appreciate as time goes by. GOLD !
love the Johnnie though off topic.

FILL them HOLES and that thirst too.

Ridge Runner said:
Numb_Thumb said:
Ridge Runner said:
Over here they have been handing out info on the correct way to do things for about 15 20 years or more. It's a good Idea because it keeps people doing the right thing,

john

Haha! yeh right RR, lets hand out the rules and all shall obey.........do you live under a rock?

The Rules were there when you first took up this Hobby, You Agreed to them back then, But now you want to move the Goal Post to suit your needs, And if you get caught I Guarantee that you will get more Air time on the TV and the news papers than a little Old Lady does getting beaten up and robbed.

I have already lost one hobby because of some nut case and I lost thousands of Dollars because of new Laws and BS.

Are you a Troll ?? are you just trying to get people to Bite, You have just one Objective and that is Self Self Self, What about the thousands of other blokes here who work all year and look forward to their time of spending it out in the Bush hoping to find a life changer while enjoying what the Bush has to offer,

What about what they want and all the millions of Dollars combined that they have all spent so they can go out there, while your attitude puts all that at risk, What about the Pick and Sluice companies not to mention the Detector shops and the Sponser's on THIS Forum, What about all the money and time in years that they have spent trying to set up their little Businesses, Who's going to give all that back to them,? YOU ??.

And No I don't live under a Rock I live where people matter and I consider others as much as myself, And I also give everyone a fair crack of the whip, I can't believe you keep coming out with all this ole Bollocks, You are more to be pitied than anything else,

I bet when the government moves in and says NO MORE that you are the First Richard Cranium to put up his hand and say "It wasn't me, Wot Ave I Dun", :eek: :(

Quite frankly, I think you have over stayed your welcome here, because we want people to build this hobby - Forum up NOT smash it up.

A bit unfair mate,
What numb numb wrote was perfectly true, did you not read the sarcasm in it?,
Everyone knows when they leave their rubbish behind and holes unfilled they are doing the wrong thing ,its not accidentle its a deliberate act of thumbing their nose at all of those who follow along behind them in those places and if you catch them you should embarrass them in front of everyone who is near,its the only way they will ever stop,
So please remember everyone ,,,when you catch a dirty pig in the act you cant teach him its wrong as he or she already knows its wrong so should be shown what we all think of them by shunning them ,its a god awful lonely planet when no-one wants to sit or talk with you NOW THAT WILL TEACH THE DEAF PRICKS

RidgeRunner said:
You still don't see it do you.
...in response to Numb Thumb's submission. NT was merely pointing out (albeit sarcastically) that he considers it nave to believe that all will follow rules no matter how clearly they are stated and understood. He made the observation that some just don't care. Unfortunately, he's quite correct.

PS: on the reverse side of my Miner's Right (under 58 Obligations of Holder) it states: "(2) The holder of a Miner's Right must repair any damage to the land arising out of the search". We all signed onto the list of obligations when we received ours.

For about the last two years i have been thinking that anyone who takes up prospecting as a hobby should have to do a course before they are issued with the Miners Right at their own expense. :/

It should be EXPLAINED to the participants what the conditions, rules and regulations are, and we need a suitable deterrent for non conformance and breaches, like a permanent ban. It is our only hope in retaining access as we enjoy now.

Be good idea to ban the hire of detectors too.

The unfilled hole issue in Victoria is a complete disaster, their are virtually no places left in the GT where one can not find dozens of fresh unfilled holes? 8.( :eek: :(

It all just shows how passionate we are to see the right thing happen when we get a little heated in defence of digging morality, even if we're all on the same side, sometimes we can only see what's set before us, whilst at other times we would see it all, or in another light. The best thing about Aussies is were still all mates after a little scuffle. Time will tell, is the key. :)

C'mon fellas, settle down a bit. There are laws against speeding and people still blatantly do it, there seriously is no telling some people, they will always just do what's wrong no matter how many times they are told.

If a few people were to be heavily fined and have their miners right confiscated it may start to make a difference, maybe not.

Anyway there is not much more that can be said in this this thread.

Fill in your holes people. It's simple.

I just hope that my coments earlier regarding unfilled holes and what little impact i believe they have on the environment /land hasnt painted me as a person guilty of not filling holes.
Im just frustrated that such a small percentage of selfish people can jeopardize an entire hobby over such a small issue anyway in the scheme of things when it comes to destroying our environment :( Ban detectors because some d@#khead left holes in an area with holes 1000 times bigger already there , but allow coal seam gas fracking !!
It is what the authorities are watching though so we have to do our best to try eradicate it .

Back on track i always have and always will fill holes ive made and teach new people to as well. :cool:

Jaros said:
Yep, back tracking your holes will also stop you from getting lost as well!! Maybe.? :D
When you head out Jaros, just keep the car in sight mate (and take a chair). ;)
And still carry a whistle and flask (just in case mate. :lol:

nicko61 said:
Ridge Runner said:
Numb_Thumb said:
Ridge Runner said:

john

A bit unfair mate,
What numb numb wrote was perfectly true, did you not read the sarcasm in it?,
Everyone knows when they leave their rubbish behind and holes unfilled they are doing the wrong thing ,its not accidentle its a deliberate act of thumbing their nose at all of those who follow along behind them in those places and if you catch them you should embarrass them in front of everyone who is near,its the only way they will ever stop,
So please remember everyone ,,,when you catch a dirty pig in the act you cant teach him its wrong as he or she already knows its wrong so should be shown what we all think of them by shunning them ,its a god awful lonely planet when no-one wants to sit or talk with you NOW THAT WILL TEACH THE DEAF PRICKS

It might seem a bit unfair, but he jumped on Wombat for trying to do a responsible thing, And I am not here to try and decipher his sarcasm, and stating as his excuse that wildlife dig holes and leave them "with a why can't I" attitude is destructive in it's self, I have a mate who has been to court just trying to defend his right to use a Gold pan, This has been going on for over 10 years and people that work for the forestry that don't have any claim over private land have been causing him a heck of a lot of trouble accusing him of moving 5 Ton boulder's and eco systems etc and using 200-300 year old Laws, He would be lucky if he found 2 grams a year, and here's the Kicker he teaches school kids all about it and mining But most of all he Donates the Gold he finds to museums etc, and he is Stalked all the time by people who are 100% Nothing to do with what he is doing or totally unrelated to the area he is in, That just so happen to be from another part of the country who want their Club to be the Chosen One.

This came started to get worse when Local governments started to believe what was being told to them by such people until others stepped in,

Now PA has to be about the Biggest prospecting forum in Australia, So don't believe for One Second that they ( the Government ) do not come here and check out what people are Finding, doing and saying, and Negative posts like Numb_Thumb's are really not going to help the situation because things will get twisted and blown out of proportion to suit Government agenda when there is a good chance that something is on the cards, just go and look how many test holes are out there, because once they start testing you can bet your backside that you will be stopped from detecting there under some lame excuse because the big boys have bought it out from under you and within 5 years they start mining.

Even just this year some of you have been told you cant detect on public lands even though it is your right and even though you have the Maps showing you where you can Go you get moved on and then coming here making post saying "WTF" goin On" etc etc,

Negative posts like N_T's is Not the way forward, If you like prospecting or detecting then you need to protect what you have, You can not go against the grain of the Government and Win, Even more so when big Bucks are involved because each State wants to prove to the Federal Government what a wonderful Profitable State they are.

TIM :eek: , TIM :eek: , TIM :eek: , where the hell is the Boy when you need him :D

Hole are the damage you can see but like an Iceberg 7/8ths of the trouble is submerged,

John.

Latest posts