Eye surgery

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Dr Duck,
I had lenses replaced around one year back, and the results were both fantastic and immediate. Some people chose 1 eye set for reading and one set to the horizon, but its not recommended and (I hear) that it takes a long time to get used to (and some never do). I went for both at the horizon, and now have perfect vision from about 1m to the horizon. Just need weak reading glasses (1.5). Night vision for driving is also fully restored. Can't recommend it enough, and don't have to change glasses with further ageing. The only downside is that I can now see dust on the floor and get the guilts for not cleaning more :) Also need sunnies for the glare, but that is wearing off.

eye surgery had it done best thing ever get trifoculs
kemjak57 said:
G'day all, I'm sick of looking for, breaking, loosing, misplacing, buying 3 pairs a year and all the other crap that goes with age and eyesight degeneration. I am thinking seriously about trying to get a procedure done where you have the lense of your eyes replaced. It is a permenant fix and sounds like the most effective way to go. Has anyone had this surgery done? If so was it a success? I believe with private health cover it is reasonably cost effective. Cheers, Rick 8)

So I had the initial consult with the surgeon on Thursday. I will have the op done in March next year due to his work load. I will get lenses that give me back short and long sight. I am very happy with that as I thought I may have to use glasses for reading which I wasn't keen on. I am lucky to have private health cover which brings the price down from 8k to $1200. Looking forward to it.

Thanks to everyone for the well wishes. I am amazed at the incredible skills that our medical fraternity have. We really are in good hands in every area of need when it comes to patching us up. I know there will always be an exception where an op doesn't work out how we hoped but the majority of the time we are very well cared for. A big high five to you all :)

kemjak57 said:
I am lucky to have private health cover which brings the price down from 8k to $1200. Looking forward to it.

The other benefit of private health cover is that you can get it done straight away (or ASAP) rather than be waitlisted for years.
Good luck, Cheers T.

Latest posts