Eye operation

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hello fellow PA followers. 7:45 yesterday I had my first lense replacement in my eye. 9:30 today I had the second. Have had very little discomfort and everything seems to be fine. Normally I would need 3.5 magnification glasses to type this on my computer but I am typing on my iPhone without glasses at all. Gotta be happy with that. They say that it will take up to a month for top vision to return but if this is any indication I am pleased beyond what I expected. I'm glad I waited to have the op as now they can put trifocals lenses in and you don't have any focus issues. Top health cover saved me about $6500 as well. Just got back two years worth of premiums :D :D anyway I'm a happy Chappy at the moment. I Recommend the op. Cheers rick

I had mine done 2 years back (15 mins per eye), but they wanted 2 weeks between each eye to see how the first turned out. I got fitted with mono-focals, which lets me see perfectly from 1.5m to infinity, so am I'm very happy with that. Just need light glasses for reading now, and can see specs on the ground as well as my daughter. Night vision was improved immensely - particularly for driving. Still suffering a little from glare though, but that's receding. Great op! Now my eyes' focus (touch wood), wont change for life.

Gotta have clear windows kemjak, trifocals sounds all encompasing, like they have the middle ground covered for you as well ! :Y: :rainbow: 8)

Hi Guys, Be very careful If they get a bit sore get them checked, I had right eye done 2005 was magic for five days then finished up in royal brisbane hospital lost the site in my right eye nothing they could do for me but save the eye no site, Ron.

Jaros said:
It must be great no having to strain or wear glasses all the time again. When do you get bionic arms to move those big rocks out of the way??
It is great - some of my mates are already calling me the Bionic Man, with new eye lenses and new knee I just need a built-in GPX and I'll be the $10 Million Dollar Man :lol: .

Latest posts