Exploration license Victoria?

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Licking windows said:
Northeast said:
Licking windows said:
snafu said:
If you really want the facts in relation to the legalities, you would be better off going straight to the relevant authority - Earth Resources. There are some switched on people here on the forum, but ......................?

Jeff

Im interested in hearing why you didnt finish your statement snafu? But what???
And it is the switched on people I want to hear from!

There are some switched on people here on the forum (very switched on in fact) but it is probably always better to get the final details from the relevant authority.

"But some people off the forum" will tend not to hold up in court if your friend does end up trying to keep the licence holders off his property in the wrong manner.

Personally, I would be interested to hear what the laws are too as properties near ours have also been recently covered by an exploration licence.

A phone call or email to the appropriate authority, but unfortunately they wont be answering their phones or answering emails till Monday morning. So I was only putting it out there and thinking someone might have a little knowledge on the subject!
The information on the website says that the license was granted in 2015 and expires in 2022 . No attempt has been made to enter the property and none might ever be made, I was just curious to know if the license holder could just one day turn up unannounced excavators at the ready and start tearing the place up ?
not without prior arrangement :)

Licking windows said:
One would be pretty stupid to take notes and make up a brief to submit to whoever based on opinions from people on a public forum!

I couldn't agree more, LW, but it happens and because it happens, a lot of people do get misled by incorrect info, whether it be sourced from the internet or heard from a bloke down the road who probably heard it from someone else. Many years ago, somebody told me here on the Central Qld Gemfields that if I haven't heard a good rumour by 10am, start one and I think that just about applies right across the country where ever like minded people communicate with each other, especially the prospecting community - it is what makes us a colourful bunch. ;)

No shite fight from me, all good, just trying to point you and your mate in the right direction, but it looks like you're heading that way already. Good luck with it. :Y:

Jeff

snafu said:
Licking windows said:
One would be pretty stupid to take notes and make up a brief to submit to whoever based on opinions from people on a public forum!

I couldn't agree more, LW, but it happens and because it happens, a lot of people do get misled by incorrect info, whether it be sourced from the internet or heard from a bloke down the road who probably heard it from someone else. Many years ago, somebody told me here on the Central Qld Gemfields that if I haven't heard a good rumour by 10am, start one and I think that just about applies right across the country where ever like minded people communicate with each other, especially the prospecting community - it is what makes us a colourful bunch. ;)

No shite fight from me, all good, just trying to point you and your mate in the right direction, but it looks like you're heading that way already. Good luck with it. :Y:

Jeff

Cheers Jeff and your right the rumour mill can and does run wild at times. :N: I really do appreciate your input and no nonsense advice that will be passed on! Im sure everything will be sweet but I will say that it did shock me to see his property enveloped by this as its my little piece of territory I have all to myself as he doesnt prospect, as well as being concerned at the possible inconvenience and distress that could be caused to my mate as he is elderly and lives a simple / uncomplicated life!
Thanks for taking the time to answer a few of my questions and pointing me in the right direction Jeff its much appreciate. :)

Theduke said:
Protecting landholders

The MRSDA requires licensees to consult with landholders and other identified members of the community before any exploration or mining activity can commence. This means that a licensee is required to share information with the community about any activities authorised under the licence and also to provide the community with a reasonable opportunity to express their views about those activities.

Additional obligations apply to mining licensees, who must prepare a community engagement (CE) plan documenting the commitments they will make to engage with their community during the life cycle of the project.

Furthermore, under section 42(2)(c) of the MRSDA, permission to start work on a mining licence will only be granted once the licensee has obtained the written consent of the landholder or made and registered a compensation agreement with the landholder. Compensation provisions apply only where landholders suffer loss or damage as a result of work on a licence or consequence of the approved work plan.

The above is pretty close to the mark. If your mate doesnt grant permission for them to enter his land then theres not a lot they can do about it. They can however carry out non invasive survey (airborn ) over his property.

They need land holders consent to access your property.
Part of an email about my sons property.
Subject: RE: ------ gold mine exploration.

Thank you for getting in touch, we really do appreciate you taking the time to respond to our request.

The information sessions that were held were basically just for landholders to drop in and ask any questions they may had have regarding the letter. At this stage we are gathering information around which properties we will have access to and which properties we wont. This will determine if the survey will be able to go ahead.

If we do proceed the next step will be to set up individual meetings with landholders at their properties to discuss details around access and where the survey would be run. If you were unable to be at this meeting (we can make this on a weekend) then we could access your property with your consent and then call you to discuss.

And as jethro has said, " They can however carry out non invasive survey (airborn ) over his property."

Latest posts