QLD Prospecting on land with active exploration permit?

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
So ive been looking at getting into the hobby and just want come clarification for something. I have been looking at the maps around my area and sound that the place i was looking at going is covered with an active exploration permit and just wanted to know if i was still able to prospect on it? Of cause with the permission of the land owner but do i need to ask the holders of the exploration permit if i can aswell? the land is basically being squatted on by this group with the permit and i don't think they have ever done anything on it for the entire time they have had the permit.
if you know anything else i should know before i head out in qld please let me know

View attachment 8196
This was a reply given to another member of the forum.
Clarifies what the Qld legislation says.
Bit late on this but i have a follow up question. I have a friend willing to let me prospect on their land but it seems to be covered under someones mining claim. It doesnt appear the area is being worked. Just wanted to ask if the same rules apply to mining claims as EPM claims when it comes to personal prospecting.

Probably be a little more affable would be a benefit also one would think :rolleyes:.

I would totally use the word unaffable !! Not regarding yourself but because it is a great word even if incorrect and no one would have a clue what i was on about.

the answer to your question re Mining Lease is in the DNR letter in mbaskos post....

Latest posts