Even tribsa finds some

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks fellas. Yeah b5 i was wondering how i was gunna turn that 3p. Might have to put up with it. I havent taken the roman out yet so dont know what it looks like. Hope there is some detail on it so i can get an identification on it. Will get a closeup if its worth it. Thanks for the cleaning info silver :p

1486456838_optimized-screenshot_2017-02-07-18-25-11-1.jpg

1486456876_optimized-screenshot_2017-02-07-18-25-29-1.jpg

Gave it a light scrub with a toothbrush. Should be able to date it i think and i will clean it a bit better yet 8) :D

Yeah you are right b5. Maybe i will leave it. My eyes aren't good enuff to do that in the video lol ;)

Tribsa 56 said:
Yeah you are right b5. Maybe i will leave it. My eyes aren't good enuff to do that in the video lol ;)
I would clean it but not sure on how, have also seen a guy using the citric bath and foil wrap 8)
Just don't rush into it, do some google searching and see what others are doing to them ;)

Hey Tribsa, just wondering what would a coin like that cost, if you don't mind me asking?
I don't think I would be touching it. It is what it is. What age did they say it is?
Cheers
Mackka

No worries mackka. I bought it with a few other things and paid $10 for it. He said it was b.c. but wasnt 100% sure . I really dont care if b.c. or not but would like to find out more about it. Definitely bloody old but hahhaa. I do a lot of swap meets and collectable shows and i see old romans every now and again, prices vary a lot ;)

Tribsa 56 said:
Tribsa,your Roman coin looks to have very similar marking to this one in another thread.Posts 7 & 8.I can make out the two human figures on your coin.Also look at the photo of the back of your coin,especially at the left side,it appears to have the same markings.
https://www.prospectingaustralia.com/forum/viewtopic.php?pid=308400#p308400

Latest posts