Erlistoun Station - Laverton W.A.

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Can not wait until I get to have some...

Steve told me it's very tender...

But all so wanted to hear it from someone else lol

Thank you nucopia

Goody :)

On our second trip to Erlistoun driving out from Laverton to the station, that was all my wife (the digger) talked about ..
Camel steaks ...
I dont think we came across one live camel that trip, just lots of dead ones ..
We did see a lot of Emu, we even had a couple following us around for a while when we were detecting, they must have been curious with the noise the detectors were making ..not that we found any thing but junk .. :/

nucopia said:
On our second trip to Erlistoun driving out from Laverton to the station, that was all my wife (the digger) talked about ..
Camel steaks ...
I dont think we came across one live camel that trip, just lots of dead ones ..
We did see a lot of Emu, we even had a couple following us around for a while when we were detecting, they must have been curious with the noise the detectors were making ..not that we found any thing but junk .. :/

I can't handle the thought of rating camel steaks as it gives me a lump in the throat. :8

Is that a lump or a hump, Jaros :playful:
Steve I googled Erlistoun and mate I don't know whether you know this but I think the only place that looks like this is Mars, there ain't nothin nowhere. Talk about peace and quiet, oh my.
I am just envious and jealous of those that have been there to experience it for themselves.
Best Wishes
Mackka

I recon don't nock something if you have not tried it...

I like trying new food's...

Goody :)

madtuna said:
Nightjar said:
Steve, We have not seen an emu for years, have they all been eradicated?
On the flat 20 km north of Menzies we named it "Emu flats" because of the amount of emus we used to see every trip when heading to Leonora?
Hi NJ... if I don't see 20 emus a day I'm not looking hard enough. Lat years and this years birth rates might drop a bit due to the drought though.

Hope you're lookin' after my rels there MT?

This was taken on top of the hill where they have the cell tower looking south east ..
1559454940_image.jpg

This is one of the abandoned open cut mines .
1559455110_image.jpg

I dont have the words to describe how beautiful it can be out there, its just an amazing place..

I know that 1 elderly person died on the 1st day out and about 40 people caught that shipborn disease which I also caught and was confined to my room for 10 days of the 28 days we were at sea. Otherwise it was a great trip. Food was fantastic as well as service.
A total of 5 or 6 died all up.
28 days is tooooo!! long to be on board. Never again for that long.
Back to topic. :8

Latest posts