eReaders

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

StoneTheCrows

Neil Mulvaney
Reaction score
Hi

I have had a Kobo eReader for past 5 years - use it every day
I dropped it last week and cracked screen.
Went to buy a new one and thought I would try the Kindle

I have purchased and downloaded a few ebooks over the years but mainly borrowed from local library

What I did not know is the Kindle is an Amazon product and you have to purchase ebooks from Amazon (I could be corrected there)

What it does not allow is borrowing library books as they are DRM protected and the Kindle is propriety to Amazon unless you in the USA.
So you cannot upload library books.

Anyway I took it back and got a refund and purchased a new Kobo today so can now read again..

I hadn't heard of a Kobo eReader before. I've had a Kindle for about 15 years now, with 455 books on it. Yes, they were purchased from the Amazon store, but you can get free books on there too, or very cheap to buy books.

I love my Kindle! Spent 9 hours with it, lazing on my hammock in the sun today :)

Hey Megsy

Kobo readers are good if you want to get library boooks(or buy or download)
I can still download the freebies from amazon as the Kindle Kobo reads every format
I always read lots of books and when the wife bought the ereader for me - I honestly did not think i would use it
Now I could not be with out it.

The first Kobo I had did not have a backlight so when campimg always had to have a torch -
New one is backlit so pretty happy at the moment.

I am currently reading the bernard cornwall series of 13 books - The lost kingdom
Bit of history and fiction mixed together

Same as you, i love it

Hi Whisp

I downloaded and tried Calibre and no go with DRM.

I didnt know about a plugin
I googled away for hours before I bit the bullet and returned the Kindle

It is much easier now with just downloading and uploading to kobo,
no stuffing about and takes 1 minute per book if that.

Latest posts