Equinox Bluetooth Headphone Batteries.

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I have a 2 1/2 year old Nox 800. The head phones are refusing to charge now. Do the rechargeable batteries in these normally die in 2 1/2 years?

I don't know the item, but consider this

How long a rechargeable battery lasts, depends on its type, how often it's used and how it's charged among other things.

Typically items like your phones only have a small battery and can periodically need replacing, nothing lasts forever.

I would email or phone Minelab or a dealer and ask the question.

Yes, this is common, especially on devices with lithium polymer type batteries. If you are competent with basic disassembly of electronics, you will be able to open the headphones and see the battery (only attempt this if your warranty has expired, otherwise make a claim).

Usually they put the part/model number where you can't easily see. If you Google the part number you will find a replacement from eBay or Aliexpress for only a few dollars - but be prepared, shipping is slow.

linesman said:
I have a 2 1/2 year old Nox 800. The head phones are refusing to charge now. Do the rechargeable batteries in these normally die in 2 1/2 years?

Don't know about the expected life of these batteries.......as an 800 owner, would be interested to know if you kept the head phones regularly charged, or whether they possibly sat in a cupboard for extended periods without being charged?

I don't use the head phones, but every second or third time I charge up the Nox, I also give the head phones a charge as well.

Here is the full Minelab warranty:

https://www.minelab.com/__files/d/447690/5303-0052-3 Form, Warranty Universal_WEB.pdf

And according to this, you have a three year warranty on your Nox:

https://www.minelab.com/anzea/support/product-warranty

So, if your nox is 2 1/2 years old, then you've still got six months to go.

Some warranties exclude things like batteries, but I can't see any such exclusion in the Minelab warranty.

But it seems you will be up for the cost of returning the item to the nearest Minelab agent regardless.

Con 22 I think I will start the ball rolling by contacting the shop I bought the Nox from. A team thanks for the info diy repair will be my last resort. Katabatic I will check with the supplier if the warranty will cover the batteries in the headphones. I used the headphones regularly enough they would had some charge 90% of the time.

A good example - My Minelab GPX5000 had a 3 year warranty on the control box etc. The Lithium battery only 6 months. The battery also contains the audio preamp. At the 2 year mark I found no audio, speaker or phones.

I went to Coiltek in Maryborough where I bought the detector new and by process of elimination, determined it wasn't the detector, phones or speaker. but the preamp circuit. They said the battery was out of warranty but they could send it to Minelab for repair at my expense. I only had a week left before returning to Adelaide, so it would be quicker and cheaper for me to take it in personally as at that time I lived 10 minutes from the factory.

On taking it to Minelab, I argued that the preamp was a remote part of the control circuitry, not the battery, they agreed and the circuit was replaced at no charge by the next day.

Shout out to Minelab for the prompt fix, a bigger one to Coiltek as they lent me one of their hire batteries for the remainder of that trip at no cost. :)

Which is why I noted dealer/Minelab as a first contact. The worst outcome is a "No". and some cost. :)

Condor 22 Today I phoned the shop I purchased the Nox from. They confirmed the 3 year warranty on the headphones as well as detector so ill see the blokes at the shop next Wednesday. So going on your outcome with minelab lm confidant that headphones will be repaired or replaced.

Latest posts