Eldorado trip.

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Went to Eldorado today for the first time creek was full but took my high banker and found a spot and set up and did five hours worth of sluicing and I have got home and panned 3 pans and and the amount of black sand is unreal half a pans worth of black sand need replays as need ten posts and then I can post photos until then help me and I will post a photo.of what I found.
FFG

This is a photo of the black sand from three pans
1474718982_win_20160924_21_54_32_pro.jpg

You know its a good sign when after the first swirl you see gold
1474719101_win_20160924_21_56_27_pro.jpg

And this is the amount of gold I found after panning one soup spoon worth of the black sand
1474719324_win_20160924_22_03_26_pro.jpg

Nice take mate , it was a cracking day! Myself and fellow PAer Gappa44 were out highbanking aswell :) we were surprised that we didnt see anyone else out.

Good Luck on the rest of your clean up.

No We didn't see anyone only one carvan .I have never had so much black sand and its like it sticks to the gold have got about 8 to 10 pans left so I will show you how I went soon. if I can get rid of the black sand. nice place up there and good gold

You get used to it eventually lol, plus it makes for some awesome macro photo opportunities ;) . The easiest and quickest way i found to separate the black sand and gold was do it a tsp at a time and snuffer up. Takes awhile but youll capture most of it. I upgraded to a blue bowl for this exact reason :D

You telling me the black sand is bad I have 2 full pans to go through 8.(
Got it down to a pan using a powerful magnet to extract the magnetic material ? :)

Hi gappa44 I had a full days worth of panning yesterday to get out all our black sand down we had a 15inch pans worth as well it was a bit of a hassle but worth it in the long run. Was up until 11o clock last night to get all the black sand down.
Have another half a bucket to do through out today.
If you have had enough of trying to separate your black sand I'm willing to have. Lol
P.s my dad said you are one lucky man livening that close to the creek and getting to go there so often and finding the amount of gold you do.
Thanks FFG

Did you get any little saphs in with your concentrates? Nice gold BTW, some of it looks a bit shotty too. Its been yrs since I bothered with reedy crk as that 10 year dry spell saw all the natural stream flow concentration pretty well worked out. Might have to have another go down there after the water drops to its summer levels. Should be some good pickings in a couple of other creeks as well.

1474890822_image.jpg

1474890823_image.jpeg

1474890823_image.jpg

Can't see which photo is which but the gold in the pan is what was left when I tipped my cons into the pot beside it and in the vial is a small sapphire
Am yet to pan my cons out but will let you know when I get around to it :)

We're in beechworth, gonna head towards Eldorado's today. The river was pretty high, and there was a fair bit of rain last night. See how we go.

Nice work on the gold! We must be looking in the wrong spots!

Heading home today, but gonna have one last crack this arvo, there was a guy with a high banker or something just near the first crossing out of eldorao. Gonna check that spot out if he's not there.

Lots more people about today.

Latest posts