Eldorado Pigs

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hi everyone took a drive out to Reedy Cr Eldorado yesterday at the Beechworth end of the Creek just down from woolshed falls and was disgusted and Very Disappointed by what I would very loosely call "people" more like filthy pigs!!!! As they have obviously been camping there or done a lot of day trips out there, and instead of digging a hole and going to the toilet to have a crap these filthy pigs have just had a crap on the ground and also left toilet paper everywhere out there not just in one spot but shity paper in over 15 different spots and it stood out like dogs balls then to top that off these pigs have even crapped on top of rocks in plain obvious sight of everyone that drives into these camping sites as if it was a trophy for everyone to see!! This is the sort of stuff that gets everyone looking closely at US prospectors as there are always people out there gold prospecting along Reedy Creek and a lot have noticed that there's a lot of younger people out there now getting into the hobby. And some people either don't know all the rules or don't care. And NO I'm not suggesting that it's only the younger people that are breaking or don't know all the rules But for those that had a crap on the rocks and left toilet paper everywhere for everyone to see it's so disappointing and sad for everyone that dose the right thing!!
Please everyone take any rubbish home we don't want to lose our great prospecting areas or have this great hobby taken away from us by the stupidity of a few people doing the wrong thing.
Sorry for the rant but just had to say something to vent my frustration!!
Cheers

I have to agree with you mate, quite often I am taking rubbish home from up the creek, and I have occasionally had to bury some crap out there. It isn't hard people, 90 percent of the people out there are prospectors and you know damn well that they have a shovel with them, doesn't take 30 seconds to dig a 1 foot crap box.

DD, DT & AR,

Spot on with your comments, anything that pisses of the locals or land owners and tarnishes the image of prospecting and those who make it there hobby cant be tolerated.

Last week at Nundle I encountered indiscriminate shite piles & rubbish about the Swamp Creek Camping/Fossicking area on the Peel. Other people at the camp had to cleaned up these creatures mess. The same day I encountered one of the major free-hold land owners and had a good yarn with him about a whole bunch of stuff. One of his biggest bug-bears was the crap that campers and fossickers leave behind, along with cut fences, shot stock and obviously people coming on his land and not bothering to ask.

So, with most land owners fed up with their places being turned into something that resembles Baghdad city rubbish tip, who can blame them.

The Peacekeeper.

Latest posts