Eldorado/Beechworth

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Been reading here and there about Fossicking at Beechworth(reedy creek?) and that people have found some cool stuff there.

Any one been up there recently? Whats a good time of year to go, fossicking wise, and where is a good place to stay? I'd be taking the family up, me the wife and two young kids.

Also can you find big things there? Not like a fortune of diamonds or anything, but like reasonable sized pieces(marble sized or bigger)? Of anything really, we;re only starting out and it would be good to find some cool bits to keep the kids interested.

Thanks

James

Anyone got any pics of finds? I'm a total noob when it comes to actual prospecting, and most of the info i've found is for finding gold(not that there is anything wrong with that..)

Does anyone go up there looking for gems?

James

Plenty of smoky quartz crystals up there, last time I was there my friend found a smoky as thick as my thumb and a little longer and was fully terminated on one end it was quite a nice find I have also heard about people traveling from Europe to walk up and down reedy creek ..

Here's a smokey/citrine next to 20 cents found a years back from the falls end of the creek. There is a lot of sand and gravel between but keep on looking.
1468842324_photo0204.jpg

Latest posts