DRONE ZONE

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ramjet said:
I found a site that hosts 360 panorama pics and videos. This is one of my first attempts. Please let me know if it doesn't work. There is a button on the right, towards the top for a full screen view.

https://www.360cities.net/image/newcastle-from-adamstown

Thats really cool Rod, well done!

I can see how you'd get the panoramic view, (yawing around) but how do you get the view straight down etc??

Thanks Simmo. Tha camera will point straight down. Really not a lot if skill involved. I have an app that takes all the pics. Just put the drone up and push GO and let it do its thing. You can adjust how many pics it takes and how many rows etc. Then you use software which automatically stitches the photos together with very little input from me. There are a couple of adjustments to make after that and it's done. These drones really are a cool bit of high tech. Black magic.

Ramjet said:
Heatho said:

Haha. Yes I'd seen that one. Some interesting stories coming out with the popularity of drones now. I also heard that JB HiFi and Officeworks are stocking the DJI products. Getting to be a bit main stream now.

Had a look at local JB and Office Works, but all that could be found was $299 Parrot at Jbs. Office Works, nix.

Rob P.

Some pics from my recent trip out west.

Burnt out Mungeribar homestead.

1474458301_house1.jpg

Sheep in a canola field.

1474458318_shhep.jpg

Ivy Rock from above.

1474458341_ivy1.jpg

Ivy Rock

1474458636_ivy4.jpg

Same as the image above but before I removed the car and caravan.

1474458479_van1.jpg

Anyone used one of these to look for old diggings? In WA I'd often find areas on GE that looked like they could be diggings but without checking it out on the bike I couldn't be sure. Be nice to punch in some GPS coordinates and send your drone a couple K's into the bush to check it out. I'd imagine due to the largely flat landscape you'd get a pretty good range out there?

Oh and I'm in the drone club too. Have one of these :D Good fun to fly around the house. It's not meant for much range or outdoors but I've tried it in a paddock and flew about 200 m with clear line of sight. Get's very difficult to see at that distance but at night it's like a firefly. I'd love a full size drone with the owrk one day but $40 is my budget for the time being

six-colors.jpg

I have used mine a couple of times to try to make out the outline of old buildings or trackways where people walk. Not a lot of success yet but it's early days.
I also have a similar tiny drone. Good fun and good practice for the bigger one.

:lol: :lol: :lol: Good point I only just noticed the big tree to the left looks dead, that one must be super tree :lol: :lol:
The pic should be on a postcard

Yeah that's a brilliant photo with the split rocks. I'm also impressed as to the quality of those shots. Muat be exciting going through your footage after an epic flight.

Yes it's great to get home ans see what images I caught. On a small screen and with the sun's glare, it's hard to see exactly what you got. Looks much better at home in a big screen.
It is a top quality camera and I may have tweaked the images just a tiny bit to enhance the colours. I'm new at doing that also. I was really please with how erasing the car and caravan worked out.

Ramjet said:
Thanks B5. I am only just starting out. There are much better photographers than me.

Near Dunedoo!

Nice, I wondered what it would look like that from angle.

Off to Nyngan???

Cheers

RS

Lots of rain out that way.

Getting to know out that way well because we are running a grain train out to Narromine, Trangie, Nevertire, Nyngan, Gilgandra (Its the Wild West out there)! Great people!

Back to shift work soon and multiple days off. Was in the office with weekends off but survived another restructure and back to Driver Trainer in Nov!

Its back on the forum and gold in a few months time!

Cheers mate!

No idea?????

I know Coonamble is the end of the line from Try Junction towards Gilgandra......

Latest posts