DRONE ZONE

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Looks fairly dry out your way Mt I hope you get some rain soon. Any way great footage and thank you for the idea of camel hearing with a drone

1551518419_53509582_2505030892888670_8124549137149460480_n.jpg

madtuna said:
About 7 klms I think but I've only flown it about 4....not that confident yet but if you did lose contact it's supposed to automatically fly home.
What like a boomerang :lol: :lol: :cool:

Mavic pro.
Small,
Has an excellent range.
Just make sure they are covered by DJ's Warranty.
I have a DJI Phantom 4 Pro.
does take up a bit of room to transport so is not
easy to hide from prying eye's.

Phantom 4 will give you the best bang for your buck out those nucopia. It has the best camera out of them, and is a very capable drone. The only problem with it is portability, which may or may not bother you. (Btw, that link is for the Mavic also). The Mavic is also a great drone, and although the camera is not quite as good as the on the Phantom 4 it is capable of filming in 4k and has log profiles you can film in for a flat video that can be enhanced in editing software for colour and dynamic range, if ya into that. It also does a decent job in standard settings. It's advantage is size and portability as it folds up. The spark is an underrated little drone and while it's only capable of filming in 1080p (still full high definition) I have seen some fantastic footage taken with a spark. [video=480,360]https://youtu.be/eNOJ7Mvnx_I[/video] an example. You won't get anywhere near the same flight time or range as you would with the previous 2 though, and it won't be as stable as stable in the wind, but lil sparky is cheap...but not nasty. Phantom 3 is still a pretty good drone and I know someone who flys 1 and gets some great video. But it is getting a bit long in the tooth, (although refurbed, tech has come along way in the meantime). I hope this has helped, I have been researching them for a while and have had to spend the drone fund money on bills a few times after saving for yonks. I'm kinda hoping that I might get a merry taxmas present. ;) :lol:

From my point of view the Mavic, but then I am biased, as I have one.
It really depends on what you want to do with it. The Spark is like a little brother of the Mavic, but great as something to learn a bit more and take of view photos, etc. Phantom 4 has been a good machine and in all cases there are different models, so check the specs on what you are getting.
Phantom 3 - Older model, so batteries may be a bit down, specs not as good as Mavic & Ph4
Spark - almost a DJI beginners machine, smaller, specs not up to Mavic and Ph4
Mavic - Much more compact than Ph3 or 4, so very transportable, good specs like the Ph4. Low ground clearace, so not good to take off from grass, etc. Mavic was released after Ph4.
Ph4 - Model after Ph3, so better specs, sort of same as Mavic, depending on model

Rob P.

Had a Mavic Air a few weeks ago and returned it :|
The blue tooth kept dropping out at around 500 metres. Next DJI would have to have occusync or wouldn't look at it. Not a good feeling having no control over it. Also flight time very limited especially if coming home is into wind
Finding a bright enough screen to use in sunlight was an issue . Crystal sky are good but pricey :|

My son sold a set of rims and tires that have been sitting under the carport for over 12 months for $500 and gave me $350 after he took $150 commission for himself.. :(
He then sent me a youtube video review of the top 5 drones for beginners under $300 US ..

So I took the money and ordered a JJRC X11 2K 5G WIFI FPV GPS Brushless Foldable RC Drone Quadcopter With Single-axis Gimbal Follow Me Mode RTF
Comes with 2 extra batteries and a carry case for $333.31 AUS free delivery in 5-7 days :D
Flying Time: About 20mins
R/C Distance: About 1.6km FPV Distance: About 500m (Fly per View ? )
I gather that means that you lose picture signal between the drone and the iphone- ipad App that you can down load and use to monitor live video..?

I also had to order some AA rechargeable batteries and recharger for the controller and a series 10 32gb SD memory card to store pics and video for just under $40 on fleabay.
Total cost just under $375 :perfect:

1562942143_jjrc_x11_2k_5g_wifi_fpv_gps.jpg

Anyone racing or flying fpv racing/freestyle drones.? Chasing up some realistic, first hand reviews on some goggles...

Latest posts