DRONE ZONE

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Was given a Mavic Pro last night and the damn controller wont fit my Ipad. Does anyone know if there is a work around or do I have to buy a phone?
If so, does any one know what cheap phones fit? Just a cheapy just for the controller not needed to be used as a phone.

Cheers!

madtuna said:
Was given a Mavic Pro last night and the damn controller wont fit my Ipad. Does anyone know if there is a work around or do I have to buy a phone?
If so, does any one know what cheap phones fit? Just a cheapy just for the controller not needed to be used as a phone.

Cheers!

We've got a couple of smart phones ourselves Steve so you may as well just give us the drone. :p

Cheers

Doug & Carol

Maybe a Samsung j2.
I have seen/heard of folks using double sided velcro to hold a phone over the supports. ?

madtuna said:

Cheers!

Madtuna keep us in the loop what u think of the mavic pro is it the one with 6 sensors(mavic pro 2) ? been looking at the phatom 4 pro but i seen the other day thay stopping production of the P4Pro ?? But i have to make a decision in the next few weeks so any help from yourself or anyone alse would be appreciated FLATLANDER

Flatlander said:
Madtuna keep us in the loop what u think of the mavic pro is it the one with 6 sensors(mavic pro 2) ? been looking at the phatom 4 pro but i seen the other day thay stopping production of the P4Pro ?? But i have to make a decision in the next few weeks so any help from yourself or anyone alse would be appreciated FLATLANDER
Will do mate! It's just a Mavic Pro not the Pro 2

Haven't flown it yet, still working my way through the setup and software etc, but very impressed with the overall quality and with the video and photo side of things.

First thing I found though is the controller fits up to an Ipad mini, any bigger and you need an adapter which costs between $15 and $50

Just heard phantom 5 is coming mid year that,s why some of major stockest say there 'OUT OF STOCK' MMMMMMM GOT ME THINKING

Flatlander said:

Hi FL, just a quick update.

Got all the software loaded and as the wind finally dropped off this afternoon I took the thing for it's maiden flight.

Very impressed!

I've never been one for reading manuals and I suppose I should, but conected to the Ipad it's very user friendly and self explainitory. I just have to coordinate my fingers a bit better.

The camera is just brilliant. I spotted then scared the crap out of 6 camels and 4 horses at a water point about 4 klms from the homestead. I must have got down to about 10 feet above them before they decided to do the bolt.
Then I had fun chasing a few emus for a couple of minutes :D

Had a bit of a look about and then just hit the "return to home" button and about 5 minutes later it landed exactly where it took off from!

Early days yet but impressed so far.

Damn beaut machine MT. Would be great to use on a muster?
Haven't taken mine over 1km as yet - chicken shite :eek: Also limit of Line Of Sight for me.
Have yet to read the manual, but will soon as I want to try the cinematic mode and motions such as follow-me, ellipse and rocket.

Start looking at some spare things like Blades and landing legs and the like... Cause when you do crash (and it will happen) you have the spares and don't have to wait for spares to arrive in the post.... I was 'Grounded' for 4 weeks waiting for bits to arrive and almost gave-up, so I purchased a spare body, blades, legs, Full nut, bolt and screw set.. ect... All up about $100 worth.
Now If I crash its only a day or two and im Airborne again... :Y:

That would be fun chasing 'things' around... :lol:

LW....

madtuna said:
Flatlander said:

Got all the software loaded and as the wind finally dropped off this afternoon I took the thing for it's maiden flight.

Very impressed!

I've never been one for reading manuals and I suppose I should, but conected to the Ipad it's very user friendly and self explainitory. I just have to coordinate my fingers a bit better.

The camera is just brilliant. I spotted then scared the crap out of 6 camels and 4 horses at a water point about 4 klms from the homestead. I must have got down to about 10 feet above them before they decided to do the bolt.

Had a bit of a look about and then just hit the "return to home" button and about 5 minutes later it landed exactly where it took off from!

Good way to be a bit sneaky checking the bores now Steve. :Y: A nice little accessory for your other new toy.

Cheers

Doug

Rockhunter62 said:
madtuna said:
Flatlander said:

Very impressed!

Good way to be a bit sneaky checking the bores now Steve. :Y: A nice little accessory for your other new toy.

Cheers

Doug

Spot on!! Just a shame you can fit a gun to the drone :D

BigWave said:
Damn beaut machine MT. Would be great to use on a muster?
Haven't taken mine over 1km as yet - chicken shite :eek: Also limit of Line Of Sight for me.
Have yet to read the manual, but will soon as I want to try the cinematic mode and motions such as follow-me, ellipse and rocket.

Possible uses in a muster when we're just using ground crew and no choppers.

I used the follow me thing on another drone last year when marking out a lease, excellent tool. I just drove around the part I wanted to peg and it gave a precise overview and map.

Better detail than google earth and a view you just can't get at ground level.

Latest posts