Dogs

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rgmhot

Rodger
Reaction score
I went to the beach today and a lady came up and said her dog can here the signals, he was barking but not at me or any thing. She said good luck and the way they went. I quickly made the detector false out the dog was barking but it was looking at her jumping and barking.

Well, can some dogs here the machine going off? I had headphones on.

I would not of thought so, I go detecting all the time with a dog and it has never worried him one bit, even if he is near the coil.

My JRT starts to howl as soon as my old Tesoro Dingo lets out a chirp through its loud speaker. I havent tried it with the headphones.

I had a dog run over and bite my detector shaft while detecting a Newcastle beach. I had my headphones on and wasn't paying attention to the outside world so it kinda scared the crap out of me :lol:

thats it im geting a stick and attaching it to my dog the next time i go for a walk on the beach, maybe i can use the dog to locate finds and teach the detector to bark

My 10 month old Kelpie just looks at me funny when I'm metal detecting, the Infinium being on or off doesn't seem to bother her.
So far I've been using a hand shovel on the beach and she digs with me which has been annoying as she's flicked targets away, LOL.

Lancair said:
My 10 month old Kelpie just looks at me funny when I'm metal detecting, the Infinium being on or off doesn't seem to bother her.
So far I've been using a hand shovel on the beach and she digs with me which has been annoying as she's flicked targets away, LOL.

smae here but my dog just tries to eat the dirt. lol

yournutz said:
thats it im geting a stick and attaching it to my dog the next time i go for a walk on the beach, maybe i can use the dog to locate finds and teach the detector to bark

Sounds like a plan. I've tried taking the dog for a walk while detecting, absolute waste of time for the first half hour until she's knocked up, might try this approach :D

I can often hear detectorists with headphones on when they get to within about 20-50 meters of me depending on how loud they run their volume and I'm probably not a dog. Dogs have acute hearing and can pick up sounds at 4x the distance humans can and at higher frequencies (according to google)

Lancair said:

smae here but my dog just tries to eat the dirt. lol

the only interferance my labrador has ever had was with banking, she picks the best stones from the tailings brings them back up for her own pile, tailings being anything on the foward classifier sometimes gets in the way, but i like the energy

My Schnauzer goes nuts when I get out the XTerra, and not because of the sounds it makes..........

Funny black stick means we go bush....
To go bush we go in ute.....YES!!!!!!!!!
A happy dog is, sitting in the passenger seat taking in the world
OH! and barking at the odd truck..

I'm only allowed to use the ute with the dogs permission!!! :lol:

Cheers...

1399941584_maxxss.jpg

Hahaha, though it seems you may have squished one of your dogs between the passenger door and seat :lol:

Latest posts