Doge coin.

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Is there room for more than a select few crypto currencies to really be successful long term ? How hard is it to create another Crypto currency ? I can be a bit bullish in the share market but when it comes to Crypto I am a bit of a permaBear :argh:

goody2shoes said:
Do you have to have a lot of money to start investing?
Depends what type of investing. For most people their home is their primary investment, then Super can be a good way of getting diversity in a small investment sum at limited risk. You really need a fair bit to go your own way in shares or gold or extra property.

But things like Doge are speculative investment, which is something that only those with a lot to start with can put large sums in - otherwise like many people here one can play with small sums and it is probably a lot more fun than the gee gees and pokies and slightly less risk for those who follow it closely.

No surprise its fertile ground for speculative ideas in a prospecting forum :playful: Two basic suggestions I have to anyone is. Do you own research and don't invest more than you can afford to loose.

Well my mate finally joined so I got $10 of bitcoin to play with :cool: Waxp added $8 overnight and as that super fund said "all little thing grow " :playful:

I do agree do your research and be prepared for the long haul and over time things will happen.

ADA has risen well over 100% in the last week so once the gloss wears off watch it tumble, XRP still has that court case to go thru and when it was announced I had a sell on for 0.655 and next thing when I looked it was on 0.23 :cool:

But sofar I havent found a CFD broker in this country that will do the full crypto spread and coinspot is only a oneway trader.

RuddyCrazy said:
Well my mate finally joined so I got $10 of bitcoin to play with :cool: Waxp added $8 overnight and as that super fund said "all little thing grow " :playful:

I do agree do your research and be prepared for the long haul and over time things will happen.

ADA has risen well over 100% in the last week so once the gloss wears off watch it tumble, XRP still has that court case to go thru and when it was announced I had a sell on for 0.655 and next thing when I looked it was on 0.23 :cool:

But sofar I havent found a CFD broker in this country that will do the full crypto spread and coinspot is only a oneway trader.
"coinspot is only a oneway trader" - meaning?

So apparently I have doge I didn't even know about.
Bought a heap of cheapies back in 2017/18 when it was all the rage.
Checked occasionally over the years to see my initial $400 investment down around $70 lol.
Just checked again and my initial $50 of doge is now $350, winning. Portfolio is back in the black first time in 4 years haha

Well the doggie is in freefall so where will it end 0.0844 and dropping

now what I mean about a oneway trade is you can only buy where as with a cfd trader you can buy and sell

Cool got on at 0.0835 and the doggie looks to be waking up

RuddyCrazy said:

now what I mean about a oneway trade is you can only buy where as with a cfd trader you can buy and sell

What are you talking about.? You can buy, sell, stop loss, buy stop, buy limit, take profit on CoinSpot.

Ive sold and cashed out plenty of times.

Coinbase (similar name) you might be referring to. You can only buy or send your tokens to another wallet. They dont allow selling and withdrawals in .au

Keitzy said:
RuddyCrazy said:

What are you talking about.? You can buy, sell, stop loss, buy stop, buy limit, take profit on CoinSpot.

Ive sold and cashed out plenty of times.

Coinbase (similar name) you might be referring to. You can only buy or send your tokens to another wallet. They dont allow selling and withdrawals in .au
That is why I asked - of course you can!

Bloody oath you can lol.. its an Aussie exchange ...

Have you wet your feet with crypto yet goldierocks.? Or still sceptical of it.?

Have you an investment portfolio at all.?
My friend was talking up graphite and uranium mining companies today... more so, anything providing materials for EV manufacturing (electric vehicle).

Yes, a substantial, diversified investment portfolio that I partly live off nowadays, as I discussed already.

But not speculative - anyone who puts a lot of their assets into speculative investment is taking a real chance, especially in my age group. People here seem to be investing small change - when I was young I did similar things, also with small change. No point now - cant be bothered spending my time on it for little return (since I would not invest a lot in this sort of thing, and one needs to follow it closely to keep on top). But I can understand people having fun this way....

Greenhornet_au said:
Maybe they got into CoinSpot with a friend referral and they were given $10 cash each,

so your friends "Dashboard" which is the default webpage would show $15.41.

$5.41 BTC (with an increase in BTC value)
and
$10 credit to spend

$15.41 total

But if they looked at their BTC in the "Wallet" it would be $5.41 only.

My mistake, CoinSpot give them both $10 of BTC,

so it WOULD display as $15.41 of BTC ,

Not as $5.41 + $10 credit to spend as I previously suggested.