Does this small Sluice look any good ?

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I don't know a whole lot about sluices but on that one there is a few things going on that doesn't match up with what I have read.... Riffle height is too high, and too close together. Nothing to hold the riffles down on the miners moss which will result in the floating of the moss and gold will be washed out the bottom. Also its made of stainless which is a bit heavier than aluminium. No adjustability in the legs or the hopper angle.

That said, $110 is a good base price to then modify into something that works. Made in China?

hi Zakman, I agree with Ben riffles r too high and angle looks wrong too close together, also I like the top box to be adjustable it looks a bit steep and is fixed, certainly cheap enough but u would hav to make modifications, better off gettin one that is better designed even if it costs a bit more... good luck :)

Beyond the other points previously mentioned, there is no area at the top of the sluice to allow for water flow to build up correctly, without it you won't get the vortex effect required to capture the gold so it really it depends on whether or not you want something you can take out of the box and use or if you don't mind doing a few modifications... As the others have said its a great STARTING POINT but not a good set up in its current configuration

As the guys above have said....a powered river sluice would work more efficiently. Even with modifying the riffles the lower sluice is too short and at at best would only be good as a clean-up sluice. Wouldn't process much "efficiently" with it. :/

Cheers Wal.

Thanks again guys these are really good points special as I have no idea haha.

I will look around for a better model.

Zakman.

I would take my $110 and a pic of a walbanker to a local metal fabricator and ask them to make one or send Wal the cash with a very nice request for a river sluice ;)

Latest posts