12 Volt LED Light - Miller Table Project - Help Needed

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Phantom

Eric Walker
Reaction score
Project: 12 Volt Portable Miller's table that fits in a case.

There is a good link to and e-book "How To Build and Operate A Miller Table", by Gary Weishaupt, it is a great read in conjunction with the other Youtube videos.

http://www.scribd.com/doc/28318404/How-to-Build-and-Operate-a-Miller-Table
I have copied and tidied it up in WORD if any has an issue getting a copy, PM me.

Reason, I collected some good cons, 80% black sand, in my river sluice from the Oallen Ford weekend. The gold is so so fine, hence the build idea.

Advice Required:

I want to mount a LED Strip on the inside lid to light the table, the table surface will be black.

From the past I have found that many head lamps reflect so badly you cannot see the gold into the moving water.

Does anyone have ant experience of the type of lighting that would give the clearest vision.

Maybe LED strip is not the way to go, but it will need to run off a small 12 Volt battery (7 AH).

I seems a silly question but I like to check if anyone has found a good solution to the issue.

Regards,
Phantom

Hi Phantom
The best led light I would think would be warm white,it is much softer,I fitted it my van and it is not real bright

Regards Frank

Phantom said:
Project: 12 Volt Portable Miller's table that fits in a case.

There is a good link to and e-book "How To Build and Operate A Miller Table", by Gary Weishaupt, it is a great read in conjunction with the other Youtube videos.

http://www.scribd.com/doc/28318404/How-to-Build-and-Operate-a-Miller-Table
I have copied and tidied it up in WORD if any has an issue getting a copy, PM me.

Reason, I collected some good cons, 80% black sand, in my river sluice from the Oallen Ford weekend. The gold is so so fine, hence the build idea.

Advice Required:

I want to mount a LED Strip on the inside lid to light the table, the table surface will be black.

From the past I have found that many head lamps reflect so badly you cannot see the gold into the moving water.

Does anyone have ant experience of the type of lighting that would give the clearest vision.

Maybe LED strip is not the way to go, but it will need to run off a small 12 Volt battery (7 AH).

I seems a silly question but I like to check if anyone has found a good solution to the issue.

Regards,
Phantom
I really liked your link but i couldnt like it as i dont have permission
go figure

:D

Latest posts