Did a little bit of sluicing today.

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

aushunter

Brad Welch
Reaction score
Went out to the river and run a cuppla bkts of dirt thru the E-Z sluice and did OK.
Gotta have a lot of water running thru this sluice to work properly and the result speaks for itself.
Nice and quiet until a car load of bogans turned up, music cranked up, but we stood our ground and stayed nonetheless,
Curiosity got the better of them and they decided to see what I was up too.
Nice lookin fish trap you got there bro, one started off with. With a small grin I had to come clean and explain to what I was doing.
After they left I panned out the following colors and to see some had garnets attached was unusual.

A closeup of garnet on the gold.

Had a swim with the boys to finish off the day.
Till next time. Cheers
Brad

They look great, mostly jagged and not water worn or rounded.

Me thinks the host rocks are shedding gold not too far away.

A couple of buckets?????? Let me near that spot with the highbanker for a day and I ll show you a couple of grams in an hour!

Is the rusty red stains from gold shedding from an ironstone host? I have seen some red staining on small alluvial gold I have found as well.

Great spot and gold, thanks for sharing the adventure!

Nice score mate! Your up marybrough way hey. Ive been finding some with rusty looking stuff attched just woundering now if its garnet??? What ya reckon...

"Couple of buckets" reckon I would be camped out on that spot , generator revving , music pumping , with my mega bogan hat on to keep all away while I cleaned up

Well done and good luck to you

That's a great result Brad.
Taken my nephews out panning a coupla times & also did the swim thing after. Good memories...

Bacchus said:
"Couple of buckets" reckon I would be camped out on that spot , generator revving , music pumping , with my mega bogan hat on to keep all away while I cleaned up

Well done and good luck to you

Like the BCF add ;) great idea,LOL

aushunter said:
Went out to the river and run a cuppla bkts of dirt thru the E-Z sluice and did OK.
Gotta have a lot of water running thru this sluice to work properly and the result speaks for itself.
Nice and quiet until a car load of bogans turned up, music cranked up, but we stood our ground and stayed nonetheless,
Nice lookin fish trap you got there bro, one started off with. With a small grin I had to come clean and explain to what I was doing.
After they left I panned out the following colors and to see some had garnets attached was unusual.

http://i638.photobucket.com/albums/uu104/aushunter/gold%20with%20red%20stone%205_zpsb9yq47au.jpg

http://i638.photobucket.com/albums/uu104/aushunter/gold%20with%20red%20stone%202_zps83hnqwty.jpg

Till next time. Cheers
Brad
Wow mate, that looks like a great spot,i would deffinatly be setting up the Hb if i was you, Ive never seen garnets attached to gold before, If you find a big Peice i could be worth some good$$$$$$$ cha ching to a collector ;)

on the point of garnets on the gold i found some specimens like this myself although a little more reefy and fine. I showed my mate whoe's a geologist who told me its actually decomposed pyrites that have oxidized. may not be the case in your situation but it does look fairly similar. I reckon one of the geos could add some point of view.

G0lddigg@ said:
on the point of garnets on the gold i found some specimens like this myself although a little more reefy and fine. I showed my mate whoe's a geologist who told me its actually decomposed pyrites that have oxidized. may not be the case in your situation but it does look fairly similar. I reckon one of the geos could add some point of view.
Ive seen some oxidized pyrites in my area heaps of fresh stuff lol.
But i have noticed some gold has it stained on it. Would i have garnet in my area?? .im just started getting interested in the rest of the fossicking gig . :)

aushunter said:

http://i638.photobucket.com/albums/uu104/aushunter/gold%20with%20red%20stone%205_zpsb9yq47au.jpg

http://i638.photobucket.com/albums/uu104/aushunter/gold%20with%20red%20stone%202_zps83hnqwty.jpg

Till next time. Cheers
Brad

Wow....amazing stuff there. Reaaaally good job mate.

yobskin said:
G0lddigg@ said:
Ive seen some oxidized pyrites in my area heaps of fresh stuff lol.
But i have noticed some gold has it stained on it. Would i have garnet in my area?? .im just started getting interested in the rest of the fossicking gig . :)

no idea mate.... if you have garnet you'll have garnet sands reall painfull white stuff. you should be able to see smashed garnet in your concentrates

Latest posts