A Day out at the river - got a little bit of color.

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

aushunter

Brad Welch
Reaction score
Well it was a cold morning and a little bit windy up here in SEQ and I had a few bkts of classifird material to run thru the sluice and being such a nice day decided to load up and head on out.
I took out the 12v sluice and also the Tee Dee sluice for a extra bit of sureness in getting the good stuff.
The boys made a small camp fire and I sluiced away at my hearts content.

I scored about 0.89 grams of gold for 3 hrs of running and the unit still had plenty of go for a couple of more hours.

Prestene view on a SEQ winters morning.

The loot after the run.

Zach pulled out the 2 bigger bits.

Cleaned up ready for putting away.

We had a great morning and hope to get out for a 5 day run soon in the next week or 2.
Cheers
Brad....

Nicely done. Weather looks a whole lot better there than here!
Interesting set up. What l/h does your pump put out?

Cliff

Great effort and result Brad :) how many amps does the bilge pump draw?

Morning gcause,
The water was quite tolerable to the point the boys where going to have a swim, then the younger one wised up a bit and suggested otherwise.
It was cool but not cold if that makes sense.
Blayke, tis Glendon gold mate still plenty coming outa the spot so to speak.
I will head on out soon for at least five days before the school holidays end.
Cliff, I use the Super cheap auto 2000 gph bildge pump, I had it running for a few hours yesty and it performed pretty good. All the material has been classified down to 1/2". The riffle cage was from my old 2 1/2" dredge and the sluice section is from a 200mmm wide gal channel from a shed upright with the flanges cut off.
Also at the head of the sluice is a feed hopper where the water blasts the material and distributes it evenly over the collection area. It is still in its early stages but seems to work fine.

It is a little different from the beast I built a few years ago, big and cumbersome but still worked fine.

This is now just sitting in the shed taking up space, we got some good gold from this one.

This one was in the design stage a few years back but never got around to it so I bought a Alloy banker from miners den and built my current Gal sluice (very top photo)
to fit on the end when I use the Honda WX15, so it can be used in 2 configurations

Cheers
Brad....

Hi Brad
Thanks for sharing fotos of your set up, flexible. Do you run the pump off DC or just the Honda?

G0lddigg@ said:
thats some nice looking orogenic ground your working mate
Those last 2 photos are from a different location, one is from thanes and the other from tooloom.
That could be the reason for the different geology.
Brad...

Latest posts