Detech Coil information

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That's okay you say ,but in Serbia's average monthly wage of 250 euro...Perhaps you did not know it,and This is a big expense... :/

Hi Culisa,

Seeing you own a three of the most expensive detectors the world has to offer the Deus, 3030, and the gpx.... I assumed you can afford a Detech coil... :)
I have hunted some Roman sites and farm fields in Serbia as well as Croatia...so yes I am familiar, very familiar. :p But all is relevant, greener pastures are not to be found anywhere these days. I just had a buddy sell some of his finds to make a purchase of a new Minelab, I sell some of my relics and gold to fund my passion also. I am about to sell some of my nuggets to buy two new Detech coils ...so if theirs a will, there is a way... ;)

Will do Nenad , I am in the States otherwise I would have ordered them from you. Just have to pick the less desired nuggets from my collection and sell them. I am thinking a 8 inch round dd if they have it, a 15x10 E mono, and perhaps the new 15 dd round. Going to hit some flogged old patches and some trashy mullock as you say in Australia with the 8 dd in disc.

Well finally got out to test the new 15 dd on the 3500 me mate was getting his car serviced in Echuca so I took the cruiser over and three of us headed to the Kamarooka state forest never been there and found no diggs but a few quartz reefs , 2 x 4500 with the new coilteks and me , no gold but was I impressed super quiet and lots of fine wire at 4 inches heaps of lead and a 1933 penny , guna get gold at known goldfields for sure ' :D

Good stuff. Next time you're out, try Sensitive, Deep, Slow Tracking, and DD on the coil switch.

Cheers Nenad , thats what I normally run except for the tracking ,i run it in fast , so it will be interesting, the ground we were in was red hot and even a few iffy signals I found had the 4500 boys ( do I dig it or do I don't ) that was really surprising, in the end we took an inch off them an decided no; looks like the 15 has turned my 35 into a weapon cheers Jed 8) 8) :D

From Detech Australia :

Look what I found!
(60grams)
A pleasant surprise, when testing the prototype 11" Ultra Sensing Mono coil.
I've been really impressed with the sensitivity and stability of this coil, aside from finding this beautiful piece of gold. Stay tuned for this coils release in the near future...
1456071078_detech.jpg

So we have a new Technology Coil coming out from Detech. Can't wait to compare it to the Elite 11" and the 12" EVO.

Hi Nenad if you can write setting for GPX 5000 with ultimat spiral 15 dd coil...I bought it but I'm not satisfied with it...

the settings you use with minelab comander 15x12 dd coil.
Volum....14
GB...GEN
Motion...Med
RX Gain..18
Audio..Quiet
Stabilizer..8
Signal..19
T.Volume..10
Response..norm.
Trecing..med
Iron...6
With this settings minelab comander 15x12 coil,is very stable,good diskrimination,good depth,good sensitivity,on large and small targets,but with ultimat spiral 15 dd coil,it is not good....Coil is highly unstable,bad diskrimination..I am very disappointed.. :(

What timing are you using?

Assuming you are in average type mineralisation, try:

Volum Limit....14
GB...GEN
Motion...Med
RX Gain...13
Audio...Normal
Stabilizer...12
Signal...19
T.Volume...12
Response...norm.
Tracing...med
Iron...?

Soil/Timing - Normal
Coil/Rx - Double D

Thanks for clarifying that Nenad, hopefully its as good as the 11" Elite and or the larger 12" NF Evo. What draws me to the Detech is that they are built very well and also water proof. At times early in the morning the grass gets that early morning dew and is wet. I have had other coils react or be unstable as it get completely soaked with water.

back everything I said about the coil !!!!!!!!!! Today I found the 80cm roman bronze oil lamp,roman denarius on 40cm,I am very impressed with coil.....This is the best I've ever had coil !!!!!!!!incredible depth of the high-value targets, and sensitivity to small targets....THIS IS A BEAST OF A COIL.....DETECH ULTIMATE SPIRAL 15 DD COIL !!!!!!!!!
1456333362_20160224_175055.jpg
1456333429_20160224_175115.jpg
1456333443_20160224_175227.jpg

i've i have,Minelab comander 18 DD coil,and Coiltec 14 DD pro elite,and with them on the same site I found nothing...but with DETECH ULTIMAT 15 DD COIL,at the same place I finde..roman bronze oil lamp on 80cm...silver denarius on 40cm.. roman sestertius on 45cm,for one day....incredibly!!!!Thanks to the Bulgarians for coil......DETECH ULTIMATE SPIRAL 15 DD COIL is the best.... :lol: :lol:

I know that coil above was a prototype, but the build looks exactly the same as the bulletproof 8".
StinkPete has a few new videos up of some recent nuggets with the Detech coils.

Here's one of a nice reefy bit with 11" Ultra.

[video=480,360]https://youtu.be/ovhvtKQBz_8[/video]

5 grammer at good depth with the 15" DD Ultimate

[video=480,360]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ddZmJrzcmx4[/video]

10 grammer with the 14" Ultra Mono. You can literally hear his heart pumping when he gets the target in his hand! Awesome

[video=480,360]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-7EMHMQqODw[/video]

I do like the all around sensitivity this coil appears to have on a multitude of target size. How is the dics vs depth accuracy? Does it null/ break on iron like all the other dd coils on the gpx Minelabs, or does it have a distinct advantage with the extra copper and spiral wound over the other dd coils.

Latest posts