Detech Coil information

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
OK...I apologize to everyone.... interest me Detech ultimate spiral 15 DD coil...if someone uses this coil,tell me your opinion about it coil..interest me 1.Diskrimination..2.Sens..3.Depth..4.work stability.....I have minelab comander 18 dd coil...interest me, what is better...Detech Ultimate spirale 15 DD coil or Minelab comander 18 dd coil....I apologize for my English is bad :p

culisa said:
OK...I apologize to everyone.... interest me Detech ultimate spiral 15 DD coil...if someone uses this coil,tell me your opinion about it coil..interest me 1.Diskrimination..2.Sens..3.Depth..4.work stability.....I have minelab comander 18 dd coil...interest me, what is better...Detech Ultimate spirale 15 DD coil or Minelab comander 18 dd coil....I apologize for my English is bad :p
No need to apologize mate (friend) its on the internet for anyone in the world to see and read, I find it great to see people from the other side of the world can get good advise from experts where ever they live
cheers from Australia

Like Nick said, it is great to see metal detecting popularity on the rise. I remember going to Serbia in the 1980's I brought my Detectron 7-t a simple coin shooter at the time. I was amazed how no one took interest in detecting, but now I have friends all over Europe, and South central America and Asia who hunt on a regular base and making some epic finds I must say. I sent you a pm about the Detech Ultimate coil and its going to be my choice for a few reasons. First I have had a lot of luck with the Detech 15x10 coil and trust their products. Its waterproof and has the ability to disc out ferrous trash. Nenad did a great video comparing a few coils and the Detech was one of them. He gave it a good review. Anyways good luck and good hunting, by the way, I think this is a great forum for all to learn and connect since we all enjoy metal detecting....Peace. :lol:

thanks ZLATO ZA MENE ;) ....but..at most interests me diskrimination...whether it is better to DETECH 15 DD coil or MINELAB COMANDER COIL...land in Serbia has a lot of iron,so important to me DISKRIMINATION... :|

culisa said:
thanks ZLATO ZA MENE ;) ....but..at most interests me diskrimination...whether it is better to DETECH 15 DD coil or MINELAB COMANDER COIL...land in Serbia has a lot of iron,so important to me DISKRIMINATION... :|

Australia has some very highly mineralized soils too.

in Serbia a lot of ground is highly mineralized,but also has a lot of waste and iron,making it difficult to work..So it's important better dioskrimination..minelab comander DD coil,for our terrain has poor discrimination..I do not know whether it is better discrimination on detech DD probes...so if someone knows some answers..a big thank you in advance.... :)

Hey Culisa,

If your hunting for relics, jewelry or coins you may think about getting a good vlf detector. The disc. is much better on vlf, combine that with a smaller coil and you will get an upper hand on highly trash area and just cherry pick the good signals. After you clean it all up with the vlf you can than finish off with the pulse induction for depth....as far as coils on PI machines and brand choice of dd coils their ability to disc. I doubt very much one has the upper hand over the other. The only difference I have seen between dd coils is clarity , tone, and depth and some tend to give false signals when bumped on rocks, some are better than others in that department. No easy way.....its all work. You may be better off with a vlf for high trash areas. My area is littered with iron trash, I am almost at a disadvantage hunting tailing piles and fields with the PI, and have found friends with vlf tend to score better finds in high trash areas with small coils that have better target separation and cherry pick the goodies where I have to dig everything....and that gets old very fast. Good luck and good hunting.... :)

1452546544_20141205_213240.jpg

these are my machine... :cool:

please help me,what to buy,which coil is better...DETECH 15 DD SPIRAL COIL or MINELAB COMANDER 15x12 COIL...I can not decide ... :/

Hi Jaros....I live in Serbia and here is not used GPX machines,because they are very expensive,so I do not have whom should I ask about coils...I would like to live in Australia, but it is impossible.. :/

Hi Culisa,

Sorry, my family background is Croatian, but I was born in Australia, so my reading/writing in Croatian is not all that good.

For discrimination, the few people that use DD coils here in Australia on a GPX tend to use smaller coils, as they are using them in very trashy areas, so separation between targets is more important than depth. In areas that are less trashy, we just dig all targets, so this is where the bigger coils come in.

I have personally never used a large DD for discrimination, so never thought to try the Iron Reject on the 15" Detech DD. I have used the 15x12" SEF DD on the beaches, and the iron reject works very well.

Between the 15" DD Detech and 15x12" Commander, the Detech is deeper and more sensitive, but is slightly heavier.
The Commander being a semi-elliptical would get between trash a little better, but there won't be much in it. If you are looking for maximum depth on small-medium size targets, as well as very good depth on big objects, go the Detech 15". It is great in Sens Extra and DD position.

If you have very trashy sites, like 4 or more targets on each swing, and still want to go deep, have a look at the Nokta Fors CoRe with the big coil, or CTX3030 with the 17" coil.

Nenad

Duty Rates
Serbia applies duties at rates between 9% and 30%, with an average rate of 9.4%.
Sales Tax
Imports into Serbia are subject to a standard VAT rate of 20%, levied on the sum of the CIF value, duty, and excise duty

average being 9.4 % and add 20% for vat..your not looking at more than 35% customs tax. This is typical anywhere.....If you want it, don't let that stop you. Hopefully your finds will exceed your costs. Knowing that area, i would say....just in ancient coins , that would be the fact.

Latest posts