Daylesford this weekend

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Anyone going to Daylesford this Saturday that would be willing to give 2 first timers a quick lesson at all?

Hi Apparition,

I'm a newbie myself but I have been hitting the pan hard every day for a month getting my technique sorted and finding some nice gold as well. At this stage I am free Saturday so I'd be happy to pass on what I have learnt so far. I started with a 10 inch pan from Castlemaine Visitors Center but have just bought a Super Sluice pan. I'm glad I put in a lot of time with the small pan first. I kept all of the tailings and started putting them through the Super Sluice pan to check if I had lost much gold. So far I've found a few fly poo specks and one picker that was too large for my kitchen colander/classifier...

Anyway, I can talk more about my experiences on Saturday. I have three pans so I am happy to lend them if you need one. I'll just bring my usual kit so you can see how cheap it is to get into prospecting and find decent gold.

Just remember I'm very new to prospecting so I may not have all the answers but the best way to learn I find is to watch someone else, have a go yourself and use this forum as an excellent starting point for further research.

Hopefully someone else might jump on board and we will all learn something.

What time and where do you want to meet?

Malcolm

Latest posts