Dandaman's x-terra 305

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Goldpick said:
A lot better find to junk ratio from the oval compared to your location on previous post, I bet that was a relief. ;) Are you running in allmetal on the 305?

Most of the time i run allmetal, an don't dig -4, or 4 as that's always been junk iron and foil, but that hunt was on pre setting 1....depends on the location really

Hit another oval close buy for an hr while it was cooler an before it got dark (I've tryd detecting at night, just to frustrating for me)

1457909403_image.jpg

There's Plenty moor grass to go over hear so hopefull ill find something interesting

Looks like a penny of some description, most likely too toasted to ever know the date. I'm guessing an older brittania penny going by the last pic, there appears to be a straight line on the bottom of the coin where the date is usually located. :)

So toasted a wire brush ain't gunna make it no worse, could even reveal something if done gently with a brass wire brush, even if you only end up with a copper disk it wont be any worse than now(I know ,... it's a gamble). :lol: :D

Only need to reveal a bit more of the bust to know what it is, I think we will be lucky to score an exact date off it. Mmmm, to wire brush or not - up to you Dan. :)

The soft brass wire brush for soldering and electrical tinkering are much better than the steel wire brushes when it comes to not killing it. :D

Had this one soaking in vinigar for a few days an I think this is as good as this one is gona get

Photos where hard to get with the phone but I've done my best with the lighting to get some shadow off of the letters that are there so you can see them

1458797618_image.jpg

This side is rubbish
1458797654_image.jpg

Takes away all the toning, leaving just the pure copper that did not oxidize at all, so you end up with extreme pitting on the surfaces ,... scrape the black bit off ( flick it off with something), I'm reckoning 1948 myself. Date is protected beneath. ;)
Coin is cactus toast anyways. :D

Latest posts