Dandaman's x-terra 305

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dandaman

Dan
Reaction score
Hi all, as mentioned in the intro I got myself a minelab x-terra 305 today
I've Never used a metal detector before and don't know anyone with one but am keen to have a crack at it
Had a bit of a scout around the back yard for a good hr to try and work it out a little, but didn't come up with the mother load lol Anyway hear is what was around

Junk, a toy car and one ACT 50c coin
ws4p4m.jpg

Reckon you did great, if better stuff was there, you wouldave found it. Looks like a park run, but low on coins :)

The journey has started ... Make sure to check the clothesline ... Look forward to seeing your finds and hope you get the big one! ?

Dig all signals to start with DDM, and look at what the 305 is telling you before you dig,... see if you can guess what it is as well before you dig, as that will help you to recognise the signals and numbers that you see and hear, and lift your learning curve dramatically.

It's amazing what some people find around their house, especially if of an old build. 50c is probably a better start than I had when I first started out detecting, good luck with your adventures, and don't be afraid to ask any questions. :)

Decided to not be such a tight A$$ an buy myself a pro-find

u0djc.jpg

When's to a park near by and 5 holes later SNAP goes my stupid grass cutter/plugger thingy majig

260d2qq.jpg

Resualts....6 bits of junk :p (pull tab was on top of the ground)

ibgc9i.jpg

Then my daughter was on the swings an shouts found a chain on the swing pole hahaha

az8ocz.jpg

Took a look an its 925...score

Mr T said:
Well done
Wait till you hit the sand

The grounds hard in SA

Mr t

Too true, best to avoid those dry areas as it will only result in a mess, no matter how good your digging gear is. Autumn/Winter is not too far away, leave it till then.

Look for areas that are regularly irrigated, though be careful digging re the reticulation gear, very green patches usually hide those pop up sprinklers.

Nice score on the chain Dandaman, and smart move buying the Pro-find, no park detectorist should be without one. :)

Sorry I havent updated this but anyway hear is about 40-50 hrs of detecting over the past 15 weeks or so

First is the junk an a few interesting items
2qk6yq1.jpg

Then the rest
8wi4nl.jpg

The one florin was only just found last fortnight an I couldn't be happier

w2125l.jpg

The other really cool thing (to me) was this 1918 dog registration tag

72ww7p.jpg

There was also a bit more junk but it was thrown out before I took a photo.

Thanks for looking
Dan

The first Florin is always the best one, and the most memorable. Also well done on the old dog tag, I've only ever found one of those so far. :)

Thanks guys, anyone know how to find out who may have owned the dog rego tag, is there a way I can find out?

I also I went to an old hall/church/school built in the 1880's but didn't find alot? Sorta felt like it had been hit before?. I was only there for an hr but there wernt a lot of signals an the only coin to be found was a 5c coin...

but did find this interesting thing. Any ideas what it is? Thanks

dhe4vm.jpg

can't see it on this computer so it must be hosted elsewhere. :(

Latest posts