Dandaman's x-terra 305

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Could be a ladies belt buckle, such as nurses wore. I have found pieces of them. But, back in the day, ornate brass fittings were nailed onto furniture as well.

Cleaned it up a little,

1439205203_image.jpg

It looks like a piece of ornate kit/buckle worn on a kilt or leather buckle for some one in a drum and pipe band.
Be good to know a little bit of historical background on the place it was found.
Remeinds me of the badges and brockades worn way back in the pre post war era ..
Be interesting to find out what it is and the history . So many thing of histirical interest have been lost over t ime , its great to bring themk back to life and understand their history on our society.

Dandaman said:
Thanks guys, anyone know how to find out who may have owned the dog rego tag, is there a way I can find out?

I also I went to an old hall/church/school built in the 1880's but didn't find alot? Sorta felt like it had been hit before?. I was only there for an hr but there wernt a lot of signals an the only coin to be found was a 5c coin...

but did find this interesting thing. Any ideas what it is? Thanks

http://i58.tinypic.com/dhe4vm.jpg
Your find looks very similar to this Irish badge
1439704107_image.jpg

Went out for around 2.5 hrs over the weekend

First hunt
1446539563_image.jpg

Second hunt
1446539614_image.jpg

1446539643_image.jpg

1446539683_image.jpg

Thought I found a nice hot weels car but when I cleaned it it is newer then I thought/hoped still cool looking just not as old as the base of the first one I found next to it, which would have looked like this new

1446539754_image.jpg

Not a lady but a bloke, it's likely that it is an old cricket buckle, the clothing is certainly typical for that period. :)

Latest posts