Cyclones

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The news says it's the largest scale evacuation in NT history going on at the moment. I wouldn't like to experience a cyclone let alone one such as what's happening on both sides of Australia now. I hope everyone keeps safe and comes through this without to much devastation.

1553216597_trevfri3.jpg

RM Outback said:
The news says it's the largest scale evacuation in NT history going on at the moment. I wouldn't like to experience a cyclone let alone one such as what's happening on both sides of Australia now. I hope everyone keeps safe and comes through this without to much devastation.

No, the air force just wanted to get requalified in strapping down human cargo again.

Cheers

Doug

RM Outback said:

I've only ever experienced one and that was enough - Cyclone Joan in Port Hedland, Dec, 1975. Spent the night in the Pier Hotel wrapping myself around a bottle of rum thinking that the world was coming to an end. I don't scare easily, but that shook the bejeebers out of me and I wouldn't want to go through another one of the same intensity.

Jeff

Veronica main rain band just reaching the coast around 8am .. Karratha - Port Hedland are just along the bottom
1553296759_veronica_-sat_8am.jpg

look how deep Veronica is. Trevor is low at 950, but Veronica is deeeep at 944 hPa
1553296844_cyclones_pressure.jpg

and look at the size of Veronica's eye from the satellite, Trevor is covering a huge area with cloud, but Veronica is intense ... holey :poop:
1553296908_cyclones_satellite.jpg

Interesting synoptic chart
Three lows combining over the centre of the country
Be a bit damp out wide for a few weeks

Nanjim said:
Interesting observation the Flys are still about so are the Ants
and the birds so that tells me nothing is going to happen today

Flying ants everywhere here, dropping thier wings all over the place. Cattle are moving out into the flats and the road sides and camels all heading back out to the desert.

Latest posts