Ctx Madness

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi Heatho,
Looks like the bees are still producing honey, on the goldfields a week or so back I came upon a bee hive in the base of a growing tree, too many bees to try and find some honey, nice finds , keep at it.
Cheers, SinHof.

Yet another florin, don't think I've seen so many come from the one location before. :eek: I didn't know that the 1946 florin came in two versions, yours with the inverted "9" for the 6 in the date, with the more rare 1946 florin featuring a large circle "6". Wonders never cease. ;)

SinHof said:
Hi Heatho,
Looks like the bees are still producing honey, on the goldfields a week or so back I came upon a bee hive in the base of a growing tree, too many bees to try and find some honey, nice finds , keep at it.
Cheers, SinHof.

Yeah they sure like to protect their honey. :D

Thanks mate.

Goldpick said:
Yet another florin, don't think I've seen so many come from the one location before. :eek: I didn't know that the 1946 florin came in two versions, yours with the inverted "9" for the 6 in the date, with the more rare 1946 florin featuring a large circle "6". Wonders never cease. ;)

Ahh I never knew that, will have to read up on it, cheers.

It's a very large area and has been used for a long time, I reckon there's still more there too.

Danny, it was the 11" coil, I'm going back with the 10x5 today, it's nice and shady the area I found these yesterday and it's going to be hot today so that will be my spot for this session. :)

Back at the same spot today, could only coax another 2 small silvers out today and 4 penny's.

1480653098_20161202_152632.jpg

1480653098_20161202_152642.jpg

The thippy was a good 15cm down and had a bit of junk right near it, was a difficult target to isolate. The sixpence was at about 10cm and clear of junk, was a solid 11:33 TID. A couple of the penny's were deep too, funnily enough some of those modern coins were about the same depth.

What, no florin! :D Interesting about the depth of the decimal coinage, some $2 coins do manage to work their way to some stupid depths at times, as you mentioned sometimes coexisting with the predecimals. :|

Went out for a swing at a spot I've been to before, only found one pre dec last time as the ground is chockers full of trash, mainly aluminium screw caps which make it very difficult for detecting.

Anyway, did a bit better this time as I was using the 10x5 coil, was still difficult amomng the trash with it so had to use one of my custom programs with some very heavy discrimination. I'm sure there are more pre decimals there but they will be hard to find.

1481082265_20161207_142752.jpg

1481082266_20161207_142802.jpg

1481082266_20161207_142807.jpg

Latest posts