Ctx Madness

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hit a couple of different spots today, first stop was Manly dam, was a bit of a fizzer, got about $7 and a half penny, was hoping for some silvers but it was not to be. So I had enough and was heading home when I thought about another spot I've been meaning to revisit, last hunt there was with tha aldi and I did quite well. There are big markets there every Sunday so I thought it was worth a shot, anyway I scored $40 there in just on an hour, pretty good spot and glad I did it before it got ripped up, also got a nice chunky silver ring there too. I only did this spot a year back and it replenished quite quickly. Stoked!!

The stone in the ring is rainbow moonstone.

1479871707_20161123_141629.jpg

1479871708_20161123_141736.jpg

1479871708_20161123_141811.jpg

It's a pretty good spot, every Sunday I've driven past there have been a lot of people sitting on the grass eating all packed in close together. My first hunt there gave me about the same amount in goldies, maybe even a bit more than that. Hope after the road is done that people still sit near the same area. Wherever people park their backsides there will be goldies. :)

Cheers GP, yeah am pretty stoked with it, one of my best finds so far, I'm going to hit the beaches more often over Summer now, hoping I can jag some more beach gold soon.

You always get a good variety of finds on that site Heatho, silver and goldies nearly every session. One has to wonder how foreign coins end up where they are, especially for an older Sri Lankan coin - interesting design. :)

Goldpick said:
You always get a good variety of finds on that site Heatho, silver and goldies nearly every session. One has to wonder how foreign coins end up where they are, especially for an older Sri Lankan coin - interesting design. :)

It's such as busy area here GP, there are so many people and the area has been used since the early 1900's, there aren't usually the really old coins like you get for instance but plenty of more modern silvers. Yeah it sure does make you wonder who dropped a 1963 Sri Lankan coin there.... :)

Wish I was closer SS, could hit that beach together mate, would be awesome. :)

Went for a beach hunt on Sunday and bummed out pretty bad, got $7, then tried a park near the beach and first two targets were both predec coins, a penny and a sixpence. The park was really trashy and will require further investigation with the 10x5 coil.

Today I did a skate board ramp where heaps of young people hang out and I got a few bucks there too, first target was a 1942 penny though, I really wasn'r expecting one from this spot, was quite trashy there too will have to try the small coil there as well. I specced the chain, it's not silver though..... :(

1480394264_20161129_150217.jpg

1480394264_20161129_150228.jpg

1480394264_20161129_150244.jpg

1480394264_20161129_150251.jpg

The Cheap Monday chain might be a belt chain or accessory, I thought you would have already had a go at that park I knew there would be pre decs there :cool:

Mine's like that, haven't seen a silver for a bit but after heavy rain more start popping out like they growing to the surface

Latest posts