Ctx Madness

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
$20 an hour is great going mate, would help with petrol money for the gold trips. Amazing how quick they replenish in busy areas.

Hope the kids do well with the Deus, they might have trouble getting it away from Dad. :) Never held a Deus but everyone says they are extremely light which is great.

Be interesting to see if it's any good on gold nugs.

I reckon you could, notch out everything on the deus, but keep the goldie numbers, and do a very quick job of it.

Heatho said:
$20 an hour is great going mate, would help with petrol money for the gold trips. Amazing how quick they replenish in busy areas.

Hope the kids do well with the Deus, they might have trouble getting it away from Dad. :) Never held a Deus but everyone says they are extremely light which is great.

I can't beleive how much money people drop. When I am chasing the $1 and $2 coins, thats all I chase. If I don't get 12-37 or 12-39 and a double tone and can't feel it with the screw driver or get it with the pro pointer I keep going.

We have run the Deus on the gold fields, just does not handle the ground don't know what kind of ground the yanks get on their gold fields but VLF's are just hard to handle on NQ fields you get rid of the iron only to get tons of good sounding ground noise.

goldwright said:
Heatho said:

I can't beleive how much money people drop. When I am chasing the $1 and $2 coins, thats all I chase. If I don't get 12-37 or 12-39 and a double tone and can't feel it with the screw driver or get it with the pro pointer I keep going.

We have run the Deus on the gold fields, just does not handle the ground don't know what kind of ground the yanks get on their gold fields but VLF's are just hard to handle on NQ fields you get rid of the iron only to get tons of good sounding ground noise.

Sure is amazing, it's like people just get handfulls of coins and throw them away in some places. :) I detect pretty much the same way for the goldies GW, in cluttered junk areas I use my custom goldies program, it's a really tight discrim pattern for $1, $2 and 50c coins, you can work really fast and any decent beep will usually only be a coin or an aluminium screw cap. It's great that the CTX has functions like that.

Good to get a perspective how it runs in the goldfields, noisy ground and VLF's uhhg frustration. Yanks have it lucky with their mild soils.

Couple of hours out today until hoards of school kids turned up for sport.

1462350718_20160504_135627.jpg

1462350718_20160504_135641.jpg

If you can find that amount of coins in a couple of hrs Heatho then you must have tonnes of coins in your collection.

The kids still allowed you just enough time to squeeze out yet another large silver, must be up to one gadzillion florins by now. :D

Ok, hit the the spot that Ungy suggested to me in a PM quite a while back, it's a very old park about a 15 minute drive from my place. Within 5 minutes I knew it was going to be a reasonably difficult spot to detect, there was a lot of trash everywhere, the lawns are quite nice and it's quite sandy underneath the grass so I wanted to be very careful not to make a mess. I started to get on to a few goldies early on and then hit a high tone target, out popped a 1919 Penny, a few targets later about 2 metres away out came a 1956 Shilling, both are in quite decent condition.

There is so much trash in this spot I then changed to my custom pre dec program to try and coax out a few more silvers but it failed to get anymore, but managed to get quite a few goldies over the next 2 hours.

Cheers Ungy, nice spot to detect but quite difficult I reckon. There are still pre dec coins there so I'll get back there sometime in the future.

1462424545_20160505_144701.jpg

1462424545_20160505_144711.jpg

These are all the silvers from the past week at my main honey hole after a clean, they all came up rather nice. :)

1462424580_20160505_085427.jpg

Latest posts