Ctx Madness

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Goldpick said:
Some of the sites I have detected have been littered predominately with sixpences and the odd threepence. Florins and shillings are getting real hard to comes across lately, at least your site is a consistently giving up targets, albeit deeper ones. Good luck on the gold rings. ;)

Yeah still giving up the good stuff. I think I have done this area before but would have been when I first got the CTX, most of the silvers TID have been bouncing around I bit, probably got all the solid and stable TID in the first sweep, like the Florins and Shillings, though yeah I agree I'm have more difficulty finding them now also. Need greener pastures.

I hit the same spot again and continued on, first target was a Threepence, next up a silver ring, then nothing for ages except a few moderns, then came a Sixpence and then a Taurus silver pendant. Lastly was a junk ring, I rubbed it on concrete as it had a think layer of crud on it, was really hoping for gold, it did actually look gold but pretty sure it's bronze after doing a specific gravity test, was nowhere near even 9k gold, oh well!

Also got a few penny's and a half penny. A token with Shelley's PTY LTD too with what looks like maybe a bullet hole. Last but not least was an old lipstick thingo, still has some in it too, probably the old stuff that was full of lead.

1461300516_20160422_135501.jpg

1461300516_20160422_135510.jpg

1461300516_20160422_140229.jpg

1461300516_20160422_140249.jpg

1461300516_20160422_140305.jpg

Nice :) but you won't be able to launder one of those $2.00 coins at the local coles/woolworths.

I pushed the boundaries with a 20c at ??? when self checking out one day and it got jammed - oops :D me bad :) again.

No sixpences, well there goes that theory. :D Nice bit of silver with the ring and taurus pendant (and threepence), most of the pendants I find are usually crappy plated versions.

Good to see the $2 count is consistent as usual - bring on the $5 coin for general circulation I reckon. ;)

Was one Sixpence there GP, those plated pendants really suck, I've found a few too. The junk ring was a Lord Of The Rings job, second one from this spot.

AR, I think it might be a Shelly's soft drink token maybe, it's too damaged to tell though. might try soaking it in olive oil.

CGS, will hand the really mangled ones to the bank teller when I run them through the coin maching, I lerarnt the first time not to put the damaged ones in, was sneakily trying to run them through and totally jammed the machine too, poor lady working there had to open the machine numerous times to get them all through. :8

Thanks Rocket, not everday you finf shot coins while coin shooting. :D

Rod, just shoot your own next time you're out west catching up with the family. :)

Cheers Silver, always plenty of interesting targets at this spot.

Well done Heatho on more silvers,I am yet to find a sixpence,a shilling and my desired find one no surprise a florin.

But I have learnt one thing,the harder I work the luckier I get :p

Well done again.

Back into the sixpences again. ;) Pretty easy to pick out the .925 silver from that lot, as evident from its condition, nice work Heatho. :)

Cheers GP, they ring out nice and loud too from a decent depth those .925 Thrips, sometimes think they are Shillings when I hear the signal.

Heatho i know of a good spot where they might be some coins to be found from the mid to late 1800s.Here's a pic of the town from the 1800s. There must be a shit load of coins to be found.
1461487694_stawell-street-during-the-gold-rush-geelong-herita1.jpg

Its in Steiglitz found in the the Brisbane rangers. From memory you can detect in certain areas in Steiglitz, just look up on google earth and look up Stawell st. Its pretty much nothing there, just a dirt road.
Im not to far from there but got the wrong detector. :(